G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
RE: The Mother of all "busy-bodies"!!!!!!!

All I have to say about this is, this is one of the reasons I STILL LIVE IN ALASKA! My neighbors are all a nice safe distance away--and they mind their own darn business.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By cmjdisanto on 02/12/2008 8:36 AM
It is just simply amazing./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif She's at it again only now she's rallying the other neighbors to call./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif:mad:
What you are describing IS the future of our society.  That is the direction we are heading just a little at a time, but we are definitely getting there.   Welcome to the Brave New World, the Founding Fathers be d****d!  Those old days of true individualism are almost over.  Now you are part of a larger collective entity who will speak for you for your own good, of course (or at least the good of your neighbors who may be offended by you). You may not know your neighbors well, but soon enough they will have more rights than you when  it comes to you being a good neighbor who fits in (and knows his place). Lucky you--all of you who live stateside near or in the more progressive communities.

You will no longer have any rights to alter anything on your OWN property, to own animals of your choice, to smoke cigarettes on your own land or even in the house(not that I recommend it), to burn wood in a fireplace (you probably already have THAT restriction!), to even prune your own trees, much less cut them down, and you will have to get permission before you repaint your house so that some committee somewhere can determine that it will still fit in with THEIR idealized it-takes-a-village scheme and on and on.  I'm surprised you are still allowed to set up your own outdoor railroad. Remember, Ms Meddling Busybody IS the neighbor of the future. She is a sign of the times. Am I sounding too pessimistic?  Am I exaggerating? Maybe not so much as some of you would prefer to believe.

--Still pleased to be living in wild Alaska

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By cmjdisanto on 02/14/2008 7:36 AM

. . .   Since the article appeared in a 1991 issue one could almost say it was a prophecy? Just look at us today. 
My point is made.  I rest my case.  

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.