G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nick and Dave,

Rather than derail the thread about GR, I thought I'd make a new one for you two about my avatar and the big yellow hat.

Dave said:
"Oh.. Mark..

My daughter saw your avatar and was wondering if you have a monkey named George around the house??? "

and nick s. liked it so much, he added this:

"Yes, Yes , funny , funny i thought it was just me Dave?????dont get mad Mark, your avatar looks like curious goerge!!!!!! no matter what your still a good EGG but your avatar is funny what were you DRINKIN that night? And Marty you are correct, better to have that not to have!!!!!!!
Nick....."

You two cracked me up with your comments, so I have some answers for you.

The short answer is that picture makes me laugh, too! That's why I picked it. (Marty yelled at me last year when I first added it, saying that I had a kid and I had to act my age or mature or something.)

That's from the Starboard in Dewey Beach, DE and I don't think it was at night. Probably it was before 11 am. That was back in my wild and crazy days, like 7 years ago. That isn't my hat and that wasn't my drink. But it sure was good, see the face?! I may have been distracted by something else, too. I think I was seeing Venus. Or at least her sister. Or maybe it was Venus' ugly step sister. Any port in a storm, eh comrades?

A monkey? Always wanted one. Would have named him Mr. Pickles, but we ended up giving that name to the now-gone 2004 hunter green suburban. My buddy and I contend that the Wizard of Oz is one of the all time best movies simply because it has flying monkeys in it. Beat that, George Clooney.

If you guys want to call me the man in the big yellow hat, that's OK, but I think that one of the guys that does live steam also has a big yellow hat. Might even be the same hat, never know.

Going back through some pictures I have, I don't wear hats much. But when I do, watch out!
The first Big Yellow hat was not a yellow at at all:

That was 10 years ago. Me and some friends at college. We later joined a tour group of prospective students who had gotten in to 'Nova, and were trying to make their decision. We helped, I think, because the next year, I had freshmen come up to me and tell me they remembered me on their tour during candidates day. I think we were some comic relief to an otherwise torturous tour.

Finally, just to prove to you guys that I actually own a funny hat, here's the one from St. Patty's day. Sure, its a little too big for Luke, and it'll be a while before he knows who the Cat in the Hat is, but I still think its a nice, big stove-pipe hat. And its perfect for March 17.

(oh, and the one I am wearing came from a buddy who lives in Dublin. Brought it to me in Berlin, and I wore that while riding the U-Bahn. So its real authentic Irish. Have to get some one from Ireland to comment as to the reason for the horns, braids and bells. I just wear it, and people seem to like it.)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Mark,

That was fun. I'll have to break out my hat collection. My pride and joy is an old top hat, from the late 1800's A lil beat up though.

And yes, Wizard of Oz is great!! Have you done the Dark Side of the Moon Synch? That is a trip!!!

Mark, the next time you get wild and crazy, or break out the good stuff, you owe me a Nip. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Kent

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kent,

That I do. I've been holding out on you. I've got this great Irish Whiskey called "Red Breast" I've been sampling for the last 7 or 8 months. Need to fill up a little bottle and send it your way.

Nick - glad you enjoyed those.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Posted By markoles on 08/29/2008 6:43 AM

That shot is priceless.. Love it..

I'll have to show this thread to my daughter tonight, I'm sure she'll love it as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts