G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To keep "bashing" out of other threads, I thought that it might be a good idea to start one on it's own merit's.

My good friend John F. stated in another thread:

I remembered that Steve had some problems with his BB oiler

It is so good to have John F. back to his old self around here. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif The "Problem" that I had was I needed to replace a fiber seal. Aster gives you a huge 36 page book of exploded parts illustrations, and another 61 page book of assembly and driving instructions. Each part has a name and number. I was able to call Hans with the part number and get a replacement seal in hardly any time at all. The next time you come over, please bring one of the manuals and parts diagrams that come with one of your engines, oh........I forgot.......you do not get them with Accucraft's. :D:D By the way, how is their support on replacement parts? Oh......that's right.....they come off of tear down engines in the scrap heap. :D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif:D

And yes, because I was born with 10 thumbs and two left hands, the changing of that seal brought me to my knees./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif Because of Asters incredible diagrams and instructions a normal hobbyist could have done it in no more then a hour. But yes John, it took me about a week./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif If anyone needs any tiny E clips, you are welcome to come search my carpet for one of the hundreds that I lost while reattaching the linkage to the oil pump. :):)

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
OK GENTLEMAN. Don't you all think this has gone to far? I am a Happy owner of 6 Accucraft locomotives 1 Aster Locomotive and a small fortune of Accucraft rolling stock. I know that ALL!! of these locomotives have one problem or another. This is not to say that we should not talk about the problems and how to fix them, but this constant bashing is all that is being done. Let's please accept the fact that yes Accucraft has there problems (I myself have returned a loco) But so dose Aster! If you are a Aster snob then so be it! If are happy with your Accucraft then so be it! If you have a problem with either then lets use MLS for what it is meant for, and discuss the problem and how to fix it! NOT for this loco/your loco sucks! I for one am tired of this being the only subject on MLS.
My two cents do with it as you please!

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
RE: The let it loose "Bash" thread

This is a bad idea. Plain and simple. Steve, even you should know, don't mess with the bull.

It leaves way too much room for people to misconstrue and interpret sayings into an attack on one another. Perhaps there should be some sort of self restraint on this matter. Sure, all the engines have problems, and I have announced my fair share of "how-to-fix" ideas, but I do have to draw the line somewhere. Perhaps those whom mis-interpret the "bashing" on this forum by taking the bait of the instigators should show some self restraint.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Too right Ryan “Show some restraint� should be posted at the top of this and every Live Steam MLS Forum perhaps under the words “Forum Sponsored By: Quisenberry Station�.

I posted an innocent question about Oil Pumps and get some good answers which helped me fix the issue with my loco. That’s great and exactly what MLS is for. Then someone thinks they are going to be Mr. Smarty and posts a dumb comment about the loco under discussion and WW3 breaks out! How crazy is that?

I think that there is space on MLS to talk about the pros & cons of the various manufacturer’s products â€" in the past we have had some very useful contributions which really help the market improve. Just being rude and stirring the pot helps no-one. A Newbie seeing this stuff is likely to choose Golf over Large Scale Live Steam and who can blame them?

·
Premium Member
501 Posts

I have a problem with my 5 iron. Every time I try to use it as a driver the little white ball goes left (sometimes right) I can only afford clubs made by Thom McAnn. This one I have had since college days. It is a nice steel head with a bamboo handle and duct tape grips. Should I send it back for replacement?

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Dwight, sorry I started this thread. I thought we could all have a little fun but after sleeping on it have realized that it was a bad idea. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif I guess I am about as good at starting threads as changing a seal on my BB /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif.

Please lock this thing before it grows into a monster, that was not my intention. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Steve,

I thought it was great. I had a big smile on my face till things started getting serious again. I guess that one of the reasons that I don't post on MLS is cause I am a tongue in cheek kinda guy and my wife says I am way too cinicle. I also can't spell worth a durn. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/angry.gif Oh well, I do enjoy a good round with John F. and the gang. You guys keep up the good work. I'll save religion and politics for serious.
I hope this makes it before the thread gets locked.

Regards,

Chuck (the flame proof long johns are on) Sparks

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Posted By sparks on 08/06/2008 7:00 AM
Steve,
I thought it was great. I had a big smile on my face till things started getting serious again. I guess that one of the reasons that I don't post on MLS is cause I am a tongue in cheek kinda guy and my wife says I am way too cinicle. I also can't spell worth a durn. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/angry.gif" border=0> Oh well, I do enjoy a good round with John F. and the gang. You guys keep up the good work. I'll save religion and politics for serious.
I hope this makes it before the thread gets locked.
Regards,
Chuck (the flame proof long johns are on) Sparks

Hey Chuck, are any of you guys going to make the Labor Day steamup at Zube this year? You need to roundup all the Austin area steamers. And those that bring an Aster, have them bring that 100 page exploded diagram book for all of us to read. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif I hope Ed Hume comes down with that new Climax. Did he make a huge instruction manual for it yet? His Heisler was awesome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edhume3/2726098799/in/set-72157600964223180/

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did he make a huge instruction manual for it yet?

No, but if anyone could do it better then Aster, Ed could. I'm off to see a real BB in Dallas Texas today. I promised my Nephew that if he passed all his grades this past year I would take him there to see it. Well........he just about passed em' all (he takes after his Uncle Steve)so I am taking him anyway. It will be the first time I get to see one in person too, so I am as fired up as he is. I never meant for this thread to be mean spirited. I started it as a fun way to take jabs at each other about our Loco's, but I still think that I made a bad decision./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Posted By Steve S. on 08/06/2008 7:23 AM
Did he make a huge instruction manual for it yet?

No, but if anyone could do it better then Aster, Ed could. I'm off to see a real BB in Dallas Texas today. I promised my Nephew that if he passed all his grades this past year I would take him there to see it. Well........he just about passed em' all (he takes after his Uncle Steve)so I am taking him anyway. It will be the first time I get to see one in person too, so I am as fired up as he is. I never meant for this thread to be mean spirited. I started it as a fun way to take jabs at each other about our Loco's, but I still think that I made a bad decision./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif" border=0>

Steve, check out the "oil pump" on the real one when you get there. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts

I read the title I thought it was gonna be about KIT-bashing?

Oh well, goin' back under my rock

·
Premium Member
112 Posts

Gee, I don't care who makes my engines; I take them apart and put them back together anyway :)

·
Premium Member
465 Posts

Acceptance is the key
I have a toy dragon that likes to ride on the tender sometimes and a furry fireman called stinky.

Some think this is too whimsical for an Aster

jim

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

Of course there is one make that has never made a mistake or a bad locomotive, hence the coining of the term "runs like a Roundhouse".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts