G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend the Michigan Small Scale Live Steamers hosted their semi-annual steamup at Canterbury Village. The weather didn't cooperate at times, but Steamtom1 wasn't detoured. In fact he was styling!

More pictures and some video of the steamup to follow in the next day or so.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I'm glad you posted that. I got a good laugh out of it. At first I thought that it was someone in LGB gear. :)

The last time I was at Canterbury Village was about January or so. It was snowing, sleeting, and raining at the time but not quite this bad. It looked like fun.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
The video was taken on Sunday.

It rained just as hard on Saturday, most all of the day. Surprisingly enough, we had at least 30 die hard kids, and perhaps twice a many adults watch our display throughout the day. When I got home on Saturday I looked like a drowned rat. I was soaked to the bone.

I decided that, if it rained as hard on Sunday, I was not going to get wet! The outfit you see is the solution to my problem, and may not have been very stylish, but when I got home on Sunday,I was dry.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom, I DO agree with you. If I would have had your 'waterproof' wear, I would have used it also. Wasn't much fun driving home three hours with my cloths damp. The steamup was fun anyway. Thanks for being a good sport (but I did warn you there that this was going to happen).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts