G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just couldn't wait any longer. After working so hard yesterday raking leaves, scooping poop, digging a trench and moving rock, I was going to take Sunday off, log onto MLS and take it easy. But, the urge was just too strong. The railroad called...."Play with trains". So, despite the cooler temperatures (it was sunny, however) and the nasty wind, I went out, cleaned the inside loop of track of sticks, leaves and gravel, "polished" my rails with my LGB track cleaner, and ran my first train of spring - a short grain hopper consist pulled by my little critter locomotive.

Boy was it fun! Can't you tell....
Ed

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By Ed Harvey on 04/06/2008 7:08 PM

Well I just couldn't wait any longer. After working so hard yesterday raking leaves, scooping poop, digging a trench and moving rock, I was going to take Sunday off, log onto MLS and take it easy. But, the urge was just too strong. The railroad called...."Play with trains". So, despite the cooler temperatures (it was sunny, however) and the nasty wind, I went out, cleaned the inside loop of track of sticks, leaves and gravel, "polished" my rails with my LGB track cleaner, and ran my first train of spring - a short grain hopper consist pulled by my little critter locomotive.

Boy was it fun! Can't you tell.... Ed

It's a start . . .

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Ed,

You forgot the cold (or warm) drink!!

I was outside doing yardwork yesterday, and forgot to put a train out to keep me company. But, I did ride a steam train on Saturday, so I think that counts.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Today's development: Snow on the tracks this morning, Monday, April 7, '08:

This most-recent event is unlikely to set back my first run.  This time the snow will melt quickly. There is no ice under this latest covering, which appears to be mostly snow dust, anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts