G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a video I created from several programs I use: Crazytalk 4.6 Messenger, Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus and Magix Music Editor that I compiled this almost 4 minute video of assorted views of my current expanded Garden RailRoad layout.

Here's the link to the video: EDIT: URL DELETED. Since FB has opted to suspend my account with no explanation or reason, the video is no longer available. I'll upload it to my Vimeo account when I can. Currently none of my videos that were on FB are accessible. And I have yet to hear back from FB why my account has been temporarily suspended.

The video features two of my "indoor" cats to be singing the song "500 Miles" by Peter, Paul & Mary and is a befitting train song. Which also gives the video a little humor with singing cats in the foreground and the railroad and it's sounds in the background. Angles are close to tracks, of the VCS RealRoad Crossing Signal/Gate and from above taken from our 66' handicap ramp.

For the record, in case anyone asks, Lillith is a male cat, but matured late in his life, so he got saddled with a feminine name {poor guy LOL}, we added the other two names later. He was also born with no coloration in his left eye and a deformed pupil, which gives him character, and a character he is too! ROFL Ginger is a female. Both were feral cats that we took in and domesticated. Currently we have 5 more new bundles of joy{kittens} rampaging through the night hours playing and having the night crazies.

Hope you enjoy the video.

P.S. Sorry for the shaky camera in the train video parts, tripod just doesn't go low enough for some of the angles I was going for, also the angles may look slanted or skewed of the train in the video, unfortunately I dropped and broke my digital camera a few months back and it hasn't taken photo's in the proper perspective since{and it'd cost more to repair than to replace!}. So the train tracks and train may look slanted or off kilter, but they really are upright and level. I'll replace the camera when I can, but for now it's all I have to video with. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was brought up later.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I loved the song. Brought back good memories.
Know what you mean about the song, thought it was a great one to use for the video, but wanted to give the video a little extra by adding the singing cats for a little humorous touch.

I don't recall how many songs Peter, Paul and Mary did, but the ones I still have around are "500 Miles", "Puff, The Magic Dragon", "Where Have All The Flowers Gone" and "Blowing In The Wind", which were all my favorites when I was growing up with them, Johnny Cash did a lot of great railroad themed songs and I probably have every one of them! LOL

The Beatles, Blue Oyster Cult, Pink Floyd and quite a few others that just can't recall their names were some of the others I listened to, as I had a wide diversity of music I liked.

BTW: I should post the one video of my late cat, Azrael Shadowwalker, he passed away a few months ago, didn't even make it to 2 years old, he would have been 2 on August 10, 2015, he passed away on March 28, 2015. The sad thing is he could have been saved, but we couldn't get anyone to help him, so he suffered for 6 long agonizing days before he finally passed away. We just didn't have any funds to get him to a vet, and our vet we owe some back payments to, so the office staff wouldn't even let us talk to a vet or let us bring him in under what his situation was.

Anyway, his looks and personality were so unique, so he was a lot of fun to use in videos{sure miss this guy a whole lot}, he was close to looking like a Tuxedo Cat, and he was sitting in a business style chair when I snapped his photograph for a head shot. Anyway, I have him singing "Puff, The Magic Dragon" and he looks so drug induced while he sings the song because of how he looks in the video, it's just so hilarious to watch him sing that particular song and wonder what's that kitty on? ROFLMAO {I think it might have been the Catnip!} ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts