G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch out when Lily gets behind the "wheel" of the Buick critter. Even when hauling two skips of salt, she doesn't know the meaning of the words "slow down!"

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Hey ! There's nothing wrong with a timely delivery.. When my eggs are done I need salt, if it's not there on time the rest of my day just doesn't go well.

;)

Love the music, gret vid.... More please.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Pete that was one the most enjoyable videos I've seen. Great work. By the way that track work is awesome. I love the stub switches.

Matt

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Surprising but fun music, and some very nice editing, including some 'following & 'chasing' shots! Congrats on a very enjoyable video! (Oh yeah, the modeling wasn't half-bad. either! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif )

thanks!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Brave girl racing through those stub switches like that. What a ride!

The railway looks great Pete!

BTW: Did those company catalogs make it through the mail alright? Some of equipment looked to be your kind of critters.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone!

Regarding the stubs. I have footage (not used) of a nice derailment when I forgot to reset the points. I had a lot to think about, what with the chase train, lead train, track side shots, crane shots, not to mention the 7/8ths scale helicopter!

:D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, Paul. I've been meaning to say thanks.

I certainly did get the fantastic selection of vintage Plymouth critter literature!! Really cool since the first critter I ever modelled (and probably still my favourite) is based on a Plymouth.

But I'll tell you who really enjoyed the literature was my dad. He's a much-decorated retired mechanical engineer specializing in hydraulics and hydro static drive systems -- so all that stuff was right up his alley. He sat for hours going through it with a fine-tooth comb, telling me stories about "back in the day." So thanks again.

·
Vendor
3,323 Posts
Very nicely done, Pete... I love those little critters. They're so enjoyable to watch and they'll run all day long.

Looks like that line isn't used for real heavy traffic as it's a bit overgrown.... :):D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif:)

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
I think someone slipped a nitrous oxide tank onto that critter...

Great video, very nicely edited, I love that layout.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, again.

Funny thing is, that critter has a three speed controller, and I ran it full speed for the video, like I always run it. Never knew how fast that was until I saw the "out the front window" video. Good lesson there about scale speed.

As for the creeping groundcovers etc, all the traffic in the world wouldn't stop them from taking over this year, what with the record rain fall we've had -- which is all GOOD imho.

Besides, the boss would rather have his workers hauling product than making the rails look pretty. Meantime, Aristo wheels do a decent job of slicing through vines, with their great big shiny flanges, eh?

The music...a buddy of mine plays bass in a surf punk band in LA (really), and as I recall, this was off a compilation album they were part of.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
We'll dont hoard the name of the CD, there a few of us surf music afficianados who would like to get a copy ;)

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Amazing how slow scale speeds actually are:D

I keep in mind, 40MPH is 58 ft per second. So if it takes a second for a long freight car to go by, it's going about 40. If it takes a second for a 40 ft freight car to go by, it's running about 27 MPH, which seems about right for my Mallet, and maybe a little fast for my Annie.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll see if I can dig it up. Does the Sub'Mersians mean anything to you?

Posted By vsmith on 08/12/2008 4:00 PM
We'll dont hoard the name of the CD, there a few of us surf music afficianados who would like to get a copy ;)" border=0>

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Pete,

That's sure a neat lil' railroad. I really like all the detailed vignettes enroute and have enjoyed photos of some of them as well. Great video also.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Pete

Finally had a chance to watch your video. Fantastic, love the video, love the railway. Thanks

Robert in St. Catharines

1 - 18 of 18 Posts