G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As several people have gathered I have an "Alternative" viewpoint on locomotive design appreciation...

I have gathered over the ages several shots of "Alternative" design that I thought I might enjoy
building. I have discovered through my research at Butterly that I have become a fan of the GIPR.

This was the Great India Peninsular Railway - a colonial railway of the Raj. They persuaded that

most conservative and mechanically strait laced company SLM (the Swiss Locomotive and Machine Works)

to design them some very strange locos. I do now understand WHY it looks like this -it has to do with the patent taken

out by Sir Vincent Raven (as used in the NER EE-1).

However it still comes as a shock!

This locomotive has various designations -but I know it as either EA/1 or WCP/1.

The drive configuration is, (wait for it!), 1-A-B0-2 as the front "pony truck" has the "G" driving wheel coupled to it,

while the others (I+P) are fixed and then there is the bogie.... Needless to say this is a candidate for building.
However I have yet to find any "drawings" of it despite the fact that I have plenty of photos of it.

So, anybody got anything???

regards

ralph

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Ralph goes for loco locos.

However, lately he's been picking ones that hide all the vile contraptions inside. I think he's loosing his grip on insanity.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure(?)

Are you sure you're sure(?)

Quote: "The only difference between a madman and me -is the fact that I am not mad...." Unquote:

regards

ralph

1 - 4 of 4 Posts