G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a great discussion a while back on train movies.  I wanted to remind folks that there is a new one out today.  I haven't seen it yet, I', planning on it though.  Here is a link.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0838221/

Kent SA# 2268 LNER Mallard

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
hehe Sounds like trips I've taken.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Kent,

Thanks for the notice!  I have been waiting for this one.  

Mark

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
IMHO this movie stinks. I bought the DVD sometime ago, watched it once and put it away. If you want it contact me via the "send message" link to the left of this message block. $5 including S&H sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Really? Did you like Wes Anderson's other films? I still think The Royal Tenanbaums is my favorite, but this one still ranks high for me and follows Wes' standard elments down to one character living in a hotel and Futra font.

Not sure about his next movie, Fantastic Mr. Fox.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
I just didnt like that the closest thing to Darjeeling in the movie was on the tea tray.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Well, for sure, a train movie it is not. A disfunctional journey of discovery (Wes' format) it is.

If you do watch the extras, there was a LOT of labor put into the train itself, all the artwork was hand painted by the locals, exterior, interior, plates, etc.

Then there were the comissioned Vuitton bags that were sold after the film.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
A much better Indian train related film is "Northwest Territory" with Kenneth Moore, Lauren Bacall and Herbert Lom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts