G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank  Marty Cozad for showing me how to make up and wire a battery car for my Mallet and for answering several questions I had while at the " GREAT TRAIN EXPO " in Council Bluffs, IA. Feb. 9th & 10th. I also want to thank the RIVERCITY RAILROAD CLUB for letting me test run my NOW battery powered Mallet on there club layout on display at the show. I also enjoyed talking with Club President, BUBBA and also Don. Nice to put a face to some of the members here at myLargescale. You have a nice club layout and I noticed many smiling childrens faces admiring your trains [ BIG AND SMALL].                  PHOTO of MALLET ON RIVERCITY RAILROADERS CLUB LAYOUT:

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another picture of Don & Bubba in the back ground with a display table of Steam engines in forground.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
A fine bunch, those Rivercity guys!

I put the batteries in my Mallet's tender. Same technique Marty is using there except I use 2 R/C race car packs 'stead of a drill battery.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Leon
 I was glad you could visit. Having the show makes it even more worth wild. I think you could catch on to RC battery power easy after seeing it done once. And looking at what was done later

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
Nice getting to meet you also Leon.....so much going on!

Glad you have come over to the dark side!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

Bubba

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I was wondering who's mallet that was.... LOL welcome to battery, once you go batt, you'll never go back!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Leonpete,

It was nice meeting you.!  Wish you could have stayed longer. After watching your mallet I think I need to get one. 
The gang is going to have to make a road trip up your way when it gets a little nicer out.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Don,
YOU and any RIVERCITY RAILROADERS are sure welcome to visit my railroad this summer. Just let me know in advance.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Dave,
 I think I am up to 13 IC cars and 1 IC GP30. My favorite road name. I just purchased another IC reefer like the 2 pictured below off e-bay. These were the 2006 MWLSTS cars but the show was cancelled.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OH, I painted the house last summer so it looks a lot better. Worst part is it took most of the summer so I didn't get much done on the railroad. Hope to do more work on the railroad this summer.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
"Another one turned, master."

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
Leon...maybe we can road trip it up this summer...looks like ya got a really nice looking layout!;):)

Thanks  Bubba

1 - 19 of 19 Posts