G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellows,

Last month I reported that UPS had quoted US$600 to ship an Aristocraft Live Steam Loco from USA to Btisbane Australia, and I rherefor had to cancel my order with Ridge Road Station (RRS). I was dissapointed at not being able to take advantage of RRS's generous discount offer of US$849 for this loco.

The main problem was that the factory boxing of the loco and tender with accessories was above the size limit set by US Mail Service - so UPS or Fedex was the only alternative. I asked RRS if it was possible to split the goods into 2 parcels (I did not need the box), and see if it was any cheaper to ship via US Mail. The quote came back.....US$160!

I reinstated my order immediately and asked RRS to repack.

The bottom line is that RRS repacked (superbly) into 2 boxes and shipped the goods within a day of being advised of my acceptance. The goods arrived in perfect condition 10 days later. RRS did not charge me any extra fee for the handling that they had to do...........

Thank you RRS, you have won me over, and I hope a lot of fellow Aussies. That extra yard in SERVICE makes all the difference to your customers.

Spur42 (down-under in Oz)

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Wow, they went beyond what most would do.

I got the chance to visit them last month, an interesting place for sure.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That was a very good effort by Ridge Road. I hope readers in the UK see this thread, maybe those with the larger railroads might now get one. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
i like this thread.
we all are quick with critics of bad service.
but praising good service helps us more.
managers of other companies might start to think after reading threads like this one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have been helped by Ridge Rd more than once. They are very very good to the hobby. They steered me to the forums for help with mth dcs signal before they even caried their products. Now they picked up their whole line too. If somethings wrong with a product or sale they have fixed it without question. It's tough to beat that. LGB, and Aristocraft presidents go there to show off new products and stay to answer qustions. I hope this continues and I recommend them strongly.
To be fair, I have had good service with Trainworld, RLD, St. Aubins, etc. also. If your ever in the area, a stop to Ridge Rd would be worth it, Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts