G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All

We have been testing a 1. series Aster Big Boy # 4002 this week. It ran perfect out of its crate.
The power is still impressive. (see video)

Link: youtu.be/WYkxfVQxmx8

Regards
David

PS: if some one could make an imbedded youtube I would be happy.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Unfortunately it shows prior to submit but page not found once submitted... I tried

·
Registered
829 Posts
Worked for me.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Posted By gibs035 on 08 Jul 2013 09:39 AM
Has something to do with MLS. When I went in to edit post the video shows up. did the same thing when I was posting my own thread.
I believe Moderator corrected mine. Steam at Steve's and Zube Park.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Posted By Gary Armitstead on 08 Jul 2013 09:52 AM

Worked for me. Nice video.

The link works fine. Where are u seeing the embed video.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Posted By gibs035 on 08 Jul 2013 09:55 AM

I used the link. Why would I want to see it embedded?

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Posted By Gary Armitstead on 08 Jul 2013 10:00 AM
Posted By gibs035 on 08 Jul 2013 09:55 AM

I used the link. Why would I want to see it embedded?

Because David asked someone to embed it for him Gary. Isn't that enough reason.

David, was that the first time the engine had been run?
Sometimmes I wish that I had not sold my Big Boy but then I know I can still watch the videos of it and not have to lug it around.
Challenger has been good substitute for me.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Gentlemen

Did any of you that tried to embed the YouTube video. Actually take the time to read the HTML iframe code[/b] provided by YouTube, when you couldn't get it to work???

i.e. specifically the URL value for the iframe tag's src=""[/b] attribute.

When was the last time you saw a URL begin with //[/b] ? Where's the http:[/b] ?????

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Posted By SteveC on 08 Jul 2013 10:23 AM
Gentlemen

Did any of you that tried to embed the YouTube video. Actually take the time to read the HTML iframe code[/b] provided by YouTube, when you couldn't get it to work???

When was the last time you saw a URL begin with //[/b] ? Where's the http:[/b] ?????

Never have had any trouble before Steve. I just am not as technicle as you I guess. They must have changed something recently.

BTW where is the HTML iframe code and what is src Okay I went to Google and got my explanation. Thanks for your help.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Well gibbsy, I saw the four "geniuses" ahead of me couldn't couldn't do it, why would I, a "simple" man, want to try it?

I come here for TRAINS, Not computer lessons!

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Posted By gibs035 on 08 Jul 2013 10:29 AM
Posted By SteveC on 08 Jul 2013 10:23 AM
Gentlemen

Never have had any trouble before Steve. I just am not as technicle as you I guess. They must have changed something recently.

BTW where is the HTML iframe code and what is src Okay I went to Google and got my explanation. Thanks for your help.
Art

The HTML iframe code is the text that you copy from the YouTube text box and paste into the MLS editor.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Posted By Gary Armitstead on 08 Jul 2013 10:42 AM
Well gibbsy, I saw the four "geniuses" ahead of me couldn't couldn't do it, why would I, a "simple" man, want to try it?

I come here for TRAINS, Not computer lessons!

I understand that Gary, but when we try to post as many Train videos as some of us do, we like to understand why some things work that are PC related. It just seems to be easier to have the videos embeded so as not to have to leave MLS site to do so.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dear All

Thanks for imbedding the link. - I will look at the "how to pages" next time.

Art: The engine ran 9 year ago. It has run about 9-19 hours in total. To my luck it was soaked in a good oil and no-thing had dried out, so all parts could move, and it was just a question of filling in Water and gas and then start up the engine.
Im quite impressed of the quality. Think that this is a 1980 model! The running gear is quite well made. (much better than my other ´80 models) I understand why you some times thinks your engine should not go.
Im not into American engines myself, but the BB is special. - When its stands still it looks rather "ugly", but when it moves it is so.... im out of Words...
All in all it is a fantastic engine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts