G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jerry,
this was a matter of trial and error. I don't know how I exactly did it, but I'll try to retrace.
First I uploaded the images to Google Photos. I tried to make them public, but they did not show up on the forum. Next step was to create a new public album (this is where it gets kind of blurry) and copy the pictures into this album. Now it is just a matter of opening the image, copying the image location and insert them via the image icon into MLS.
Regards

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Thanks Henner I appreciate it. I was using Picasa web albums for a long time but they were bought by Google photos and all transitioned there. I am not fond of some of the interface. I can display photos in the forum with the share function but chat had just not worked which is too bad as dropping in a photo to illustrate a point was a lot of fun. Off to Photo Bucket for that now I guess.
This is from GP if it works

which it does not, sigh

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Oh this is odd..
The failed photo insertion was a right click, copy image address, paste to the post using the photo button, failed from my Vista desktop

But the mine photos that worked were rt click on photo....etc...and worked, both from Google Photos but from laptop Win 7
AND on the desktop, from Picasa, clicking on web albums you have to login to GP even tho the desktop is already logged into GP.....but on the laptop clicking on web album brings you right to GP "archived albums"
Geeeze, such fun

Jerry

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New album in Google+. Check to see if it is public. Google drives me crazy...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have all my images stored on Amazon Prime Photos. I shared a few in another thread last week, and now they don't show in that thread. Can everyone see this photo?

I'm wondering if the share has an expiration? I looked on Amazon Prime and it still says they are shared, but even I'm getting the little image icon on the thread I shared last week.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Good question Greg. I was forced from Picasa Web albums to google photos. The sites are of course set up quite differently. While Picasa let you set levels, like UTube, Public, limited, private, it seems GP has no setting I can find. You can share a photo or album using the "sideways V" function with various social media, email or just copy the link, or apparently create a shared album, (I have not done that) but it does not seem to be a public accessible site like some others. Maybe someone knows more.
And I can no longer post photos on the fly in chat, it just does not work. Too bad as I really enjoyed doing that. On my list to ask admin about that one.

Jerry

·
Registered
197 Posts
So I looked at one of my posts from several years ago, and the photos are still showing, these were posted from Google Photos back in 2015

http://forums.mylargescale.com/15-model-making/48498-how-i-built-resort-swimming-pool.html

EDIT: Short URL doesn't work on this forum

EDIT: Well, looks like the problem is the short link, But if you right click the image and copy the long address, It will work when you paste it into the photo URL dialog, LOL Obviously, you have to have the photo in a shared album

1 - 20 of 21 Posts