G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder that it is only 10 more days till the Heart of America Garden Railway show!!! The gas prices here the midwest are currently ranging from $3.71 for regular to $4.15 for Super Unleaded.
9 days for vendors and exhibitors. I am looking forward to " hopfully" meet all the MLS members that can make it to the show. Yes we will have an MLS booth setup. From an idea posted in the BTS posts, a sign in book on the table sounds like a great idea so we can see who made it incase we don't get to meet everyone.
I am not sure if there is a dinner planned or not. ( I haven't heard anything) This is the second year for the show so we are still learning and trying to grow. I say we, but I am just a member of the Kansas City Garden Railway Society and the Club News Letter editor. And also on the Module setup crew. Other than that, I am just a train enthusiast with a camera.
Anyway, I just wanted to post a little reminder and hope as many MLS members and Non-members can make it to the show.

Cliff

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
The best deal on rooms so far.

I found a hotel that has a coupon on the www.opcvb.com website under "lodging finder" then click on the coupon page.
down towards the bottom is a coupon for the Settle Inn. Stay one night and get the next night free. Price is 74.95 for first night. then free. This motel is about 2 miles +/- from the show. If you stay 2 nights , you get 2 nights free.

David Roberts
913-406-3400

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I just made my reservations last night. Super 8 has a deal going, $42.50 per night. I know it's not five star, but the more I save, the more I can spend on train stuff. Anybody designed any kind of downloadable MLS name badge, or do I just make one up?

Michael

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody designed any kind of downloadable MLS name badge, or do I just make one up?

I will send Shad an email and ask hin. I know it has ben covered in one of these forums. I think they will be downloadable some time in the fiture, but not as of yet.
Cliff

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Here are the times for the railroad clinics
Friday June 20, 2008

1 PM Marty Cozad Why Build a Bridge
2 PM Jerry Mc Colgan Analog
3 PM Anthony Madrigal ( Bubba) Weathering
4 PM Marty Cozad Roadbed
5 PM Ray Manley MTH DCS
6 PM Anthony Madrigal ( Bubba) Entry Battery Pwer

Saturday June 21, 2008

10 AM Jim Carter Road bed
11 AM Marty Cozad Tips and Tricks
Noon Ray Manley MTH DCS
1 PM Jerry Mc Colgan Analog Track Power
2 PM Jim Carter Road Bed
3 PM Rodney Edington Homemade Track/switches

Sunday June 22, 2008

10 PM Anthony Madrigal ( Bubba) Remote Control
11 PM Ray Manley DCS
NOON Jim Carter Road bed
1 PM
2 PM NEKAN Meeting

Here are the Gardening clinics given by the Master Gardeners

Friday June 20, 2008

1 PM Lew Leonard Ornamental Trees and Schrubs
2 PM Glenn Hodges Miniature Roses
3 PM Lee Lueck Gardening in tight spaces
4 PM Debbi Adams Container Gardenening
7 PM Sheryl Roberts Starting your own seeds

Saturday June 21, 2008

10 AM John Stewart Ornamental Grasses
11 AM Barbara Wilson Fairy Gardening
1 PM Scott Alexander Garden upkeep
2 PM Sheryl Roberts Starting your own seeds
3 PM

A more detailed description of the railroad clinics is on our website at www.hagrs.com

David Roberts
913-406-3400

I would still not turn down anyone interested in giving a clinic. There are still a few slots available.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I'm working most of this weekend just so I can be dead tired at the show,,,,, hope not.
I can't wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts