G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evenin', Gentlemen one and all - I've been persuaded into a small project here that will need some advice from your side of the water.

I am in dire need of two sets of 1/32nd scale MTH caboose trucks - the cast [Andrews?] style, that is.

AND at least 1500 spikes suitable for retaining the usual Code 332 flat-bottomed brass track.

Any pointers as to good suppliers would be much appreciated, bearing in mind that we usually spend around a month or more in Oregon at any time soon.

Graders to all :)

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done, Sir, many thanks for the info.;)

Just looking for the trucks, now, but have heard that Mr Wolff is somewhat less than enthusiastic about selling his components and spare parts....

graders

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Posted By rkapuaala on 04/21/2008 11:23 PM
Have you tried Ozark Miniatures?

Sir, sadly, Ozark Miniatures do not make true Gauge 1/1:32nd scale replicas of cast steel trucks....to match up with the MTH trucks I already have./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

And just in case you are wondering, the MTH trucks I have are attached to MTH cars.;)

Graders

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Where else might you be in the USA?

Another option I've used before is buy some cars that are on discount, it can end up costing less. For example, check out the discount/sale items at RLD Hobbies: RLD

I see some 1/32 cars from AMS, which I believe have metal trucks, but I don't know if they are close enough to the MTH?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Posted By jimtyp on 04/22/2008 10:07 AM
Where else might you be in the USA?
Another option I've used before is buy some cars that are on discount, it can end up costing less. For example, check out the discount/sale items at RLD Hobbies: RLD
I see some 1/32 cars from AMS, which I believe have metal trucks, but I don't know if they are close enough to the MTH?

Dear Mr jimtyp - thanks for that link, I'll give them a call tomorrow when I'm more compos mentis :). The AMS cars certainly need looking at, but all I need are the trucks, however, they might just have what I want, and I'll never know unless I ask.

As for futzing around in the rest of your great country, I have to admit that all our wants and needs can be easily satisfied in Oregon, and we don't tend to go anyplace else...

Graders

tac
www.ovgrs.com

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
I do like Oregon too. I was wondering if you were laying over somewhere else as there may be other shops you could visit? Are you going to be in any other cities for at least 1 day?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear Mr jimtyp - well, we enter the USA in Chicago, but then catch the Empire Builder over to Portland...........we spend as little time as we can in big places./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif

We is country folks, us tacs.;)

Graders

tac
www.ovgrs.org

1 - 9 of 9 Posts