G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
144 Posts

I don't see either of these options on their web page, but thought I remembered someone posting that the insulated frogs were a possibility.

Probably best to either give Switch Crafters a call:
(541) 990-4455


Email them:
mailto:[email protected]

Like Pete, I would generally recommend against SS spikes in wood ties, but I don't have any direct experience with the composite material Switch Crafers uses. Be interesting to find out how SS holds over time.

Happy RRing,


· Registered
2 Posts
SwitchCrafters.com does offer insulated frogs, however with the addition of two insulated rail joiners on the two rails coming from the frog point and a micro-switch at the points end, you now have an insulated frog. SwitchCrafters does offer a water-proof micro-switch with installation for $17 on any of their switches. You may want to call them at  541-990-4455. Hope this helps out.:D
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.