G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next few days (Thursday, May 27, 9/8c), the History Channel will show a program on live steam. I noticed that some of Crab Fu's creations will be featured.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Tom,
Are you calling someone DOTTO?
Or the idea of recording the show?
Or the show itself?
Or perhaps you meant DITTO!!!
We don't get your History channel in Canada, so I guess I'll never see it anyway!!!
All the best,
David Leech

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Posted By s-4 on 26 May 2010 06:19 PM
Thanks! I'm on it!
Jeff, you mean you're actually on the show? Or just planning to watch it?

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Direct TV website listing:

5/27/2010; 10PM PST
Northern CA, SF Bay Area, Channel HISTHD #269
"Modern Marvels: Super Steam:"
Steam power; Jay Leno fires up two steam cars and an 11-ton steam tractor built in 1860; coal-burning boiler; century-old steam locomotive; paddlewheel steamboat.

Seems like the program is for the novice or just curious not devotees, the passionate, the OCD's here.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Posted By Charles on 27 May 2010 11:59 AM
David
Google History Channel: Super steam. The episode is available for itune download or purchase.

http://www.history.com/shows/modern-marvels/episodes

I believe youtube probably has portions of this on file type: Crab Fu and/or Supersteam

Hi Charles,
Thanks for that.
Actually itunes only have vols 1, 2 and 3 available for download, which does not include this one.
Also, I guess that I'm cheap, but probably wouldn't pay $1.99 to look at this type of show.
There are all too many average, or lower quality, shows on interesting subjects.
Jay Leno always seems to know little about his collection and how things work, he just likes to sound like he does.
Besides, as I already have said in the past, we had Crabfu at Sacramento a few years ago, so got to see the real thing.
All the best,
David Leech, Delta, Canada

·
"Rocky Canyonero"
464 Posts
Posted By rwjenkins on 27 May 2010 11:51 AM
Posted By s-4 on 26 May 2010 06:19 PM
Thanks! I'm on it!
Jeff, you mean you're actually on the show? Or just planning to watch it?

Haha, no, I just made sure to watch it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts