G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started playing around with different shots of my layout. Mainly want to find the good spots and also where I might need to fill in the background with more plants/trees so I can hide some of the background like my deck etc... The plants are slowly filling in, still have a lot of bare spots, eventually the ground cover will take over. Here are a few shots so far. I still have a lot of detail to add like some structres, weathering the rolling stock and I still have to add my siding and mine. All planned winter projects.

Going into the straight away.

Coming out of tunnel

On s curve

Going into s curves

on s curves

just before the train enters the tunnel

on trestle

on straights

coming out of tunnel

·
Registered
688 Posts
Nice lookin layout. Thanks for sharin

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Looks really nice. The plants and RR seem to blend together well and look natural. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the great pics
Best wishes,

Joe M.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Noticed a plastic plant marker "ID"ing a plant in your garden. Build it a little cedar frame and it will look like those National Forest signs. Better still, stack some small rocks next to it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Really like it!
I admire you Garden railroaders, because you have to do things us indoor guys don't have to - like actual surveying, repairing weather damage, and the occasional critter attack. Oh yes, and you have to actually maintain your plant life!

That's an honest compliment!
I've thought about going to the back yard, but in my tract house, my garage is bigger than the yard!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
The Kittatinny Railroad has really taken shape since you began in March. Now it looks well-established and soon I am thinking that the board of directors will be meeing to start planning the second phase expansion. :rolleyes:
You have also recorded a nice photo-log of the progress which should help other newbies as they venture in..
Well done.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Snowshoe, add my compliments to the list! I really like the way that you've used rocks and gravel, and the generous use of curves. About weathering your equipment...I'd keep it to a minimum, as I've found that heavily-weathered trains tend to 'disappear' into the background. They do better indoors. Outside, you need the darker, richer colors of unweathered or lightly weathered equipment. Just a thought!
SandyR

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice! The tunnel portal and surrounding rocks look great ansd I really like the little bridge and retaining walls.
Your layout is nice and "clean" I got weeds all over mine.
Nice photos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts