G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hesitate to post such a picky objection.

On the indoor RR forum, it is subtitled "for those who still (underline button doesn't work--but that's okay) like their trains indoors."

I find that subtitle ... grating, because I'm now disabled and can no longer go outside all that much. Let me hasten to add, I am not doing the 'ADA' act. It's MY problem, not YOURS.

I am a first class member, and will be so long as I am able to be, because this is a most excellent board and deserves to be supported. It is friendly, the Monitors are First Class--in short, I have ABSOLUTELY NO complaints with this board.

But guys, think about it: did you intend to rub a disablility in someone's face? Of course not. As I said above, it's my problem and I accept that.

I wish it could be changed, if such a request is found worthwhile.

Thank you,

Les

· Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dwight,

Of course no intentional slur was meant by anyone. I hoped to have made that clear. I just wondered if, presented with a different perspective, it might be changed: the simplest would be to drop 'still' and leave the rest alone. But if nothing's changed, that's okay. I said what I wanted to say and won't say any more on the subject.

I have a perfect outdoor space of some 60 x 20 feet, unevenly sloping and overgrown. That's where I started actually digging a trial roadbed. I knew I'd need real water control and drainage, plus a number of other things peculiar to outdoors RRing, and it struck me as a sort of real challenge. But the St. Louis area is hot in the summer and can be seriously cold in the winter, and is cursed with 10/10ths cloud layer far more often than you'd imagine. I think, due to the confluence of the MO and Miss rivers in the vicinity.

Althogether, given a better appreciation of the upkeep problems inherent in an outdoor line, I'm very happy to settle for a 3' x 20' inside, airconditioned, heated room.

Les

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.