G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone in the SoCal area has a place they get there subroadbed and ballast from. Im in the Burbank area.

Thanks
Shawn :D

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I live in Corona and I get my "crusher fines" free I just go to the road that leads into the quarry and pick it up along side the road. When the drivers hear the CHP is weighing trucks they will just dump a little to make sure they're not over weight, and if I don't get it the quarry has to send someone out to clean it up...

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
It's a local quarry here in the hills east of Corona....there is actually several there off the same haul road...there are probably many places in the mountains or river beds north of you...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dean,
Thank you for the information. I realized after looking at your signature that you are the guy with the Grandaughter with arthritis. I remember seeing your site maybe 2 years ago. My daughter Brooke is 4 almost 5 and has Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. We found out about a year ago after she kept getting severe fevers. She is doing really well with the meds she is on now. Glad to see your Granduaghter is well too!

Thanks
Shawn :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts