G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Scot, I am not surprised. After I built my styrene station--out of 0.100 sheet overlaid with 0.020 boards and battens--I found that the walls wanted to bow, even though I reinforced them longitudinally with thick styrene strips. I mean, it's not a huge bow, but it's a bow nonetheless. The only way I could prevent against further bending was to glue the four walls to a base--ABS, I think--forming a box, which is further reinforced by the ceiling and the roof. Kinda like a racing car monocoque body.

My feeling is that once you attach the cab walls to the floor and roof, there will be less of a tendency to bow. I think...

But then, I know jack about the properties of plastic./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
The article Mike mentions is indeed in Garden Railways, February 2008. And it is by Jack Verducci (see Mike, yer two-for-two so far!).:) It's in Jack' s column, "Garden Railway Design & Construction, " page 93. He calls the stuff "Killer Red" and its made by Bron Tape. Jack writes that another supplier is Johnson Plastics, which refers to it as "pressure sensitive adhesive."

Couldn't you guys just buy the dang magazine and save me all this typing?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/plain.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts