G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.  I purchased an Aristo-Craft holiday freight set and slopeback tender to start a holiday tradition in our family of the Christmas train.  We are packing up the decorations now and I was wondering if the community had any advice for storage.  I kept the packaging.   Anything special maintenance I should be concerned about now or next year when we set it up again?

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Of necessity, I store most of my equipment in the original box.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I store back in original boxes if possible to avoid unnecessary damage. I too ran only an Aristocraft 4-6-2 set under the tree this year. If you have bigger plans to eventually move outside you may want to, if space permits build your staging area in the shed or garage or basement or wherever you may have your trains eventually leave their shelter. I have just finished building the shelf that will hold the staging/storage tracks in my garage that will eventually lead outside. It is 27 ft long by 3 ft deep, goes through two rooms and stops at the outside wall where the entrance/exit will be in the future. About an 1/8 of a mile in it's scaled down world.

Nate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts