1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Lord of the Steam
620 Posts
I think its great that after all these years the engine is still running. I wonder what percentage of the loco is still original. I have an antique axe dateing back to that time frame that has only had three new handles and four new blades!

Thanks for the link - cool pics!

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Posted By scottemcdonald on 03/17/2009 12:52 PM
I think its great that after all these years the engine is still running. I wonder what percentage of the loco is still original. I have an antique axe dateing back to that time frame that has only had three new handles and four new blades!

Thanks for the link - cool pics!

Scott

Why, bless your New-World cynicism, Sir! The 'techanical' plate is certainly not original - the word does not actually appear in any dictionary I've ever looked at, and the hammered finish to the dome lacks a certain British locomotive precision, but having been to Indihah, and seen how they care for their irreplaceable equipment, I have no doubt that a very large proportion of it is actually exactly what it says on the tin - original.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you fully tac!! Been visiting south america(peru 6x) seeing people repairing cars bikes,trains without org.replacement parts available ...respect to the ingeniosity of the repairman most of the stuff they are fixing will not break down again,we are living in a throw away world our recycling will only be done if profit its worthwhile !
Manfred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts