G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As before, folks are simply grabbing the first forum that pops up on their screen and dropping their topics right there...  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/plain.gif
Things that are posted by folks that, by the description of their inventory, are not "beginners", or topics that are better suited in a specific forum (such as Large Scale Events, or the Power Forums).
I'm still working on finding a polite description of this type of forum behavior...  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I admit to being guilty of this behavior. Sorry.
As for a term for it... uh? "Stupidity".
Oh wait, you said, polite... uh? "Chat room informality".
As for putting it as a sticky in the "Beginner's Forum"... sorry, the same cause of the faux pas leads folk to skip reading "Read this first" stickys and also bypassing the "Beginner's Forum" completely anyway... so maybe it would not do much good.
I would not be averse to a Moderator moving the post to a more appropos forum when it occurs, but I guess some folk would be insulted if they did.
No better answer from me, I guess.

G

·
0 Posts
I've been thinkin'...I know: scary, but why not move the Public Forum to the top....put it there so we don't have to scroll down in search of it /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif...weird this comes up...we must think alike, scary again./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Since these forums are in alphabetical order, the Public Forum would probably have to be renamed to get it to the top, something like 'All Public Stuff Goes Here'. But then there would need to be a sort of 'Time Out' so everyone could complain about the change and get use to it!

Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts