G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Step Up, Sound Off, Where Is Your Group From?

9K views 29 replies 28 participants last post by  B.A. 
#1 ·
I have been following another thread in this group and it got me to thinking. I have been a train guy for years, the last 15+ running solo.

Two years I met a live steamer on MLS who lives the next town over. Together we (mostly him, Doug is the labor force), bounce ideas off each other and anticipate the next four phases in development. We have also joined a local RR Club, and if we can't infect them with live steam I hope we can open a few eyes to 45 mm track.

So I will step up and say there is a core group of six on the Cape who are "G" gaugers. I'm not naming the club yet, cause I can't speak for the others.

Cape Cod/SE Mass - a small group

Next?

Start a big list and connect a bunch of 45mm guys and gals.

#28 ·
The Rio Linda Train and BBQ Group Is a small group located in Calif. that try to run trains once a month when weather is good.. Most of our train runs are on Sat. nights.. Fun running in the dark after a big pot luck..

Also, our Live broadcasts
Our R.R. Link broadcast.
with Blueregal.
Blueregals Link Broadcast.
Note: Regal, Don't forget you are in our Group to.. Just send trains so I can play with them for ya.....
hehehehehe...

#29 ·
Posted By Trains on 12 Nov 2010 05:44 AM
River City Railroaders,
Nebraska, Kansas,Iowa. We have about 40 members.

Just to expand a ilttle on what Don stated.
We have 40+ members with spouses included and they have taken an active role partissipating in the meetings.
There are also members as far as Illinois, and Lexington Ne. Of course they are considered "honorary" members, that show up when they can.
The majority of members are from the surrounding areas of Omaha, Counil Bluffs, Nebraska City, Lincoln, and all the surrounding communities in between.
And even members that have moved into this area from other states.

Bubba

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.