G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 19 July, Larry and Loretta Green hosted a steamup on Larry's Belden Falls Railway. Aside from a brief shower in the afternoon, the weather was very good and we all had a great time steaming. Below are some pictures from the steamup.
Llyn
Don Buesing and Mort Schoenberg confer on technique. After 25+ years experience with ride-on steam, Don's C-19 is his first G1 live steamer.

Rick Richardson's shay.

Mort's Catatonk Shay bringing in a stone train.

Railfans Herschel Robinson, Rick Richardson and Gloria Schoenberg waiting for a train.

Supervisors John Gaworecki, Larry Green and Doug Pyatt watch as Don and Mort prepare to steam.

Mort's Shay arriving at the yard.

Rick Richardson getting up steam in his Accucraft 2-cylinder Shay.

Don Buesing steaming up his C19.

Don's C19 leaving the yard.

Matt Warmbold, from Germany via Montreal, lighting a fire in his Pierse 2-6-0.

Matt's Pierse getting ready to pick up train.

Mort firing his Wrightscale 0-4-2.

Mort's Argyle Porter underway.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Mort's Shay looks a lot like a Heisler and that Pierce might actually be a Pearse. Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
John, you are right on both counts. But don't blame Llyn--I wrote the captions and the errors are my fault.
We lucked out on the weather that day. The plan was to steam on rails at my place Saturday, and then sail the nearby Otter Creek on steam launches Sunday.
However, Sunday was a washout, so most of the crew came back here to finish the leftover food and talk steam. All in all, a very pleasant two days.

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Jay, that's Llyn's K-28 in the background on the steaming bench. He did have it out on the track during the day.
Also,that's Doug Pyatt's Catatonk Heisler on the stone train; Mort had a Shay. The LGB trolley belongs to Herschel; he has equipped it with on-board battery/RC so it can run on non-insulated steam tracks.

Did you ever make it to Vermont this summer?

Larry

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Jay, as Larry said, I did get in a good run with the K28 early in the session. Somehow, my ability to multi-task does not always extend to steaming and photographing at the same time. At any rate, we were all having fun. By the way, thanks for sending the o-rings. I'll keep an eye on the mailbox.

Llyn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts