G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Robb,

Is that all?  I hope that you have lots more to share with us.:rolleyes:  When did Eric get a new loco?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Fred,

Where were you during the Huckleberry weekend.  He had it there and even I remember seeing it.  I recognized the Shay right away but it took me a few minutes to recognize the operator.  When I saw the train it was pulling I knew immediately it had to Eric.

Bruce

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the rest of the photos from today.

A second photo of my Catatonk Shay.

My brother's Catatonk Heisler

Heisler with a train of LGB disconnects.

Jeff listening to the fire level in the noisy room.

Jim B made the trek from the other side of the state.

Jim brought a Forney and train.  What Else?;) It ran gerat.  Some how i missed getting a photo of it under steam :mad:/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

Eric on right and his Accucraft shay.

My alcohol fired Argyle SPC 4-4-0 put in a good run.

Paul is building the 3 1/2" gauge Pensylvania A3.  See the tender frame on the right.

It makes our large scale trains look small /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

My mamod.  I converted it to alcohol with a chicken feed tank in the tender.

My mamod steams past the Heisler on the steamup track.  The tank on the right is for Jeff's stationary steam plant.  No more pellets /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

I think I can say a great time was had by all today.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Bruce,

Where was I?  I was there Thrusday, Friday and Saturday.  Eric wasn't there any of those days.  Sunday I was back home.  He must have been there Sunday.  I may be getting old, but I'm not senile (maybe blind, but not senile)....... yet!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Great images Robb.  Wish I could have made it but I need the whole weekend to get ready for Diamondhead./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

I don't remember Eric's new Shay either Bruce.  I know since it was a Shay you would remember it.  However, if it was a Forney or some English engine, you probably wouldn't remember it yourself.  We know where your head is!

Good Times!

John
MSSLS LLC.

http://www.mssls.info

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Thanks Rob,

I should have guessed that Jim would make the trip.  He doesn't miss much as far as steaming in Michigan.  I'm surprised he brought a Roundhouse Forney.  I think he had a Forney at the Christmas steamup also!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif 

I don't mean to hijack your topic Rob, but for all of you that don't know Jim, not only is he an active steamer, he likes to add that special touch when we run.  Especially at public events.

Here are some pictures of Jims Forneys and trains that I've taken over the past couple of years. By the way, I think Jim has six Forneys now, yup SIX.

Here is his Holloween train w/pumpkins.

And His Christmas Train.  Yea, the lights worked.

At a School event.

Jim celebrated his 1st anniversary with the Michigan Small Scale Live Steamers at an event which he joined our group a year earlier.

And here he was 1 year earlier talking to us about the club.  He joined that day I believe, before he had a live steam locomotive.

Something different at a swap meet we attended.

Log Cabin Days in Waterford Michigan.

There have been other events that Jim has dressed up his train to add that little touch.  I just got tired of searching for them.  Thanks Jim, it's always fun to see what you've done for the next event.

Once again, sorry Rob for stealing your topic, but couldn't resist once I saw Jim there.  I see he has something new on his cars, but can't tell what they are.  Any help with that?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today the JB Forney train made a stop at a closepin sawmill.  The kind with no spring.

I know one reason he likes the Forney(s).  :D They run smooth.  He had it runnig at a nice slow speed on the several runs he made today. 

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Fred, John, and Bruce.....you probably didn't register to memory because there are so many of those 13 ton Mich-Cals out there, but Steamtom1's picture archives show the very same shay at the Durand steamup in spring of 2007, and I think I ran it at the Christmas show in 2006 in Novi, not to mention a wonderful Saturday at Huckleberry 2007.....anyway, much less memorable than the beautiful Lady Anne.......Cheers, Eric

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Hi Eric,

Guess I better pay more attention./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif  When I see Eric, I think Lady Anne.

Probably thought it was someone elses when it was running.  See you this spring at one of the steamups.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts