G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A wonderful blustery fall day at Dan Stroka's steamup at the Jersey Shore on October 19, 2008.

Twenty people were there at various times with both narrow gauge and standard gauge well represented. Here are a few pictures:

Dan's C-16s

Jason readying his K-28 while passed by the GS4 V.5 with its new ball bearing rods (thanks to Ryan)

It was cold and without warm water in the tender it would never steam!

Royce with one of the five engines he brought to steam

Royce readying a K-27 and Ryan tending to the GS-4 GW

Part of those gathered at Dan's layout, including Joe on the left and Brittany on the far right.

Watching a stock Accucraft AC-12 make short work of a string of 36 reefers plus an Accucraft caboose.

And a final shot of Dan's two C-16s.

Here's a video of a few of the trains, including Royce's K-27 passed by Dan's S2; a K-28; Dave's beautiful steaming Lilly Belle passes by host Dan's double headed C-16s; Alan's GS4 V.5 with the San Joaquin Daylight string; a stock AC-12 with reefer block; another K-28 shot; and a final runby of Dan's C-16s.

Unfortunately I missed a bunch of the locomotives there including Shays and Heislers, Brittany's beautiful running Ida and her Schools(?), Dave's K, and George's 1:29 Accucraft 0-6-0 that ran impressively right out of the box.

Thanks to Dan for hosting and to Jason for helping to organize. It was a great time.

Best regards,

Alan

·
Registered
58 Posts
WOW! Looks like a good meet! Being biased I particularly like the narrow gauge trains, but it is always good to see steam. By the way, was that a Roundhouse Engineering Forney just creeping into one of the still shots?

Martin 

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Alan
Very impressive showing and well attended meet. The cab forward had haul of freight that would of made the SP proud. GS4V.5 seems to have made big passenger set an easy task.
Good to see Royce out at a steamup with his fleet.

Another typical Dan meet: cool/cold and windy atleast it was dry...but as with all steam meet; weather means very little to steam guys!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Alan,

Thanks for posting the pictures and video.
I had an awesome time on Sunday steaming and socializing with everyone. Thanks again to Dan and Sabrina for hosting all of us.
Yes Martin that is my RH Forney.

Royce

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Royce, I'm glad to see that you finally got some running time and your locomotives aren't developing stiff bearings. You should do more of it ....

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Royce,
I thought that Jim had cornered the market on Roundhouse Forneys! Now he's got one more to buy!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Alan,

Thanks for sharing the pictures and video. Also, a big thanks to Dan and Sabrina for hosting the steam-up. Loved watching the GS-4, CF, and double headed C-16s when I was there. I had several very pleasant runs with my Lilly Belle 4-4-0.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Alan,

Thanks for posting the photos and video. Despite the unseasonable blustery weather everyone seemed to have a good time and no cars were blown off the track this time. There was a good variety of engines but I was especially impressed by the performance of your GS v5. If this winter is as mild as last years then I will continue to have meets through out the winter.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone and I thank my patient & supportive wife Sabrina (who is going to read this after I post) .

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Here are a few more photos that Dan mostly took with my camera. I think someone still needs to learn about shutter speed and apeture affects.

Of course my K28 has her cab back on for the run, still more changes coming.

Here is Britt with her Schools.

Here's Royce's K27 pulling a decent consist. Hey Royce, are you ever without that phone??

Alan's Cabfoward - 37 cars I think

Dan's C32

Dave's Lilly Belle and the C32

Dan's Accucraft 3cyl Shay - These will pull down a brick sh*^ house

Here is George's new 0-6-0 switcher, just as the prototype I ras at ECLSTS this one ran perfect. A deal at 999.00

And of course our new puppy joined the steamup for October too..

Maybe someday Dan will join and post his photos from his camera.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Jason wrote: "Here are a few more photos that Dan mostly took with my camera. I think someone still needs to learn about shutter speed and apeture affects."

Maybe it's art! Be happy I finally bought my own camera or you would have 100's more that I took to sort through…..

As for posting a photo of you’re cute puppy; we should have at least put a live steam engine in the background or had her riding behind one in a gondola.

Dan

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Dan and all
I think there is a need for a November 1st steam up! Not just because I will be in town, Ok maybe because I will be in town.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Bill

Are you coming in the 1&2 or the weekend after? Dan mentioned the 1st week but we were not sure what weekends.

Dan should have something in his fleet that you want to run.....

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Jason,
I am flying in on the 31st of October and will be down at the shore Saturday the 1st of November. If Ryan can make it he can bring the loco I shipped to him.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I knew I forgot something Sunday! O well I'll make the next one. Sorry I forgot. Nice pictures btw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts