G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great morning of steaming at Steve's. Made the steaming more of a test of video techique. Had been suggested that I had been filming in 16/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif" border=0> format and when it went to YOUTUBE it was converted to 4:3. So I filmed in 4:3. I spent most of my time just running the S2 so did not do a lot of changing the location of the camera.
Steve ran his Aster Mikado, Caleb ,his coal fired Mikado, Dave Young his "Thunderbolt" and Dave Young his Aster
Prussian BR8 ,I think thats what it was.
One other "Mini" and I apologize I forget who had the engine.
Two Accucraft 4-4-0's were there but had not run before I left.
I also brought my S2 on a new carrier that Harlan Chin had shared the plans for, pic will be availablelater.

By the way Harlan, Thanks for your help. aka gnsteamer

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Art, looked good. the movie was better quality than previous ones, maybe due to 4:3 format ? Anyway Thanks for posting. Good to see Steve got some track time!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
A nice video and thanks for posting.

I really liked seeing Dave Young's Thunderbolt and train steaming well. A tiny loco compared to the GN S2 and Mikado but with a special magic of its own.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Always look forward to seeing the weekly "Steaming at Steve's" videos and pictures. Keep them coming.

Waiting for our 7-8 times-a-year Saturday steamups out here in Southerrn California is way too long to wait sometimes....oh well, your videos will have to do.

Thanks again. Appreciate it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your comments. I enjoy doing the videos and sometimes feel like I am doing them for just our group here in Houston since most of the time noone comments on them. We are fortunate to be able to steam as much as we do because we have two
great hosts in Steve Speck and John Frank. Thye really are not "bad" people in spite of what some might think sometimes.
Jusi have "opinions".
Any way we are relly lucky to have a good group of people ,who love the "HOBBY".

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Who me, have an opinion????? I would never get on a soap box or anything like that. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
You guys take care and be safe during Ike. Hope things don't get too bad for you there.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks fred. Think we will be okay. Dave young lives closer to the Galveston area and he will get morethan we will probably
although we will be on dirty side of storm.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Posted By Steve S. on 09/10/2008 9:26 PM
Who me, have an opinion????? I would never get on a soap box or anything like that. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif" border=0>/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif" border=0>

AAAAAAAAAH HAH HAH HAH. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif OMG help, I am laughing so hard I can't get up. Steve have an opinion, no way.

Art, we love your videos, keep them coming and Steve, thanks for hosting us all the time and putting up with us, we all really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Hope everyone down there weathered the storm OK. Art, John F, Steve and the others down there? Did Steve"s track survive? Last night I saw reg unleaded gas for $5.39/gallon. However they had no customers because across the street it was still $3.89/gallon. hehe

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Posted By JEFF RUNGE on 09/14/2008 10:04 AM
Hope everyone down there weathered the storm OK. Art, John F, Steve and the others down there? Did Steve"s track survive? Last night I saw reg unleaded gas for $5.39/gallon. However they had no customers because across the street it was still $3.89/gallon. hehe

Jeff, thanks for asking and caring. As far as I know everyone came through ok. I have debris all over the yard and in the pool and some small trees down but the house is ok and most importantly the train building was not damaged.:)" border=0> Steve got a big oak tree down in his back yard and a large limb went throught the railroad in one place. It will have to repaired once he clears the yard. His house and family are ok. He said his computer is messed up so I don't know if he is reading MLS right now. Many are without power so they can not get on the internet. My power came back last night. I was thankful for that. Galveston and the rest of the Gulf Coast are a mess. Bolivar peninsula and Crystal Beach are totally destroyed from what I have seen. Galveston west end is a mess but the old city behind the seawall is ok, just no power or water and very little gasoline or food. Also they had a lot of high water that came in from the Bay. The Kemah Boardwalk, a big entertainment complex is totaled. I45 going into Galveston was blocked by mountains of debris from wrecked buildings. They finally buldozed off part of it to get into the city. This storm was a monster. Much worse than Rita a few years ago. They are comparing it to Carla in 1961 and the infamous 1900 storm that killed thousands down there.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
John
Great news in that everyone survived and minimum damage to home or hobby. Bad news for all those who will struggle to return to normal for many days to come.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Sounds like everyone in our steam group made it through the storm fine. It is sad how Galveston Island (60 miles closer to the coast) got hit. If it were not for the sea wall, what is left would not be there today.

I had one big oak tree fall accross the back yard. Another smaller tree took out a portion of my track. I hope to have it fixed in a couple of weeks. All in all, we were all very fortunate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts