G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL Finally got the chance to run the S2 that jeff Runge built for me.
She runs great. It was hot ,humid and no wind but we just had to do it.
Ed Hume was there, John Frank and Steve Speck and of course Art Gibson.
A video of the run. About 2 minutes into the video teh "BARK" is pretty nice.
Pat I have made a couple of pics of the R?C that I will add later.
Pardon the noise in background . One of Steve's neighbors was having his drive way paowerwased.
Just noticed I did not get video completly edited. Yhought I had. Pardon me Steve, but I am tired and wont change it right now.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Art's new locomotive ran like a champ - great stack talk, and smooth motion. A good looking champ too. Take care of your new lady Art, she is a Queen.

I added about 12 photos from today to my Steamup Set on Flickr-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edhume3/sets/72157603812083056/

All of these photos are available in large and original sizes on Flickr using the All Sizes button. I took a mix of still and moving shots:

Thanks for hosting us Steve - it was a great day!

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ed
abd thank you for the pics. Sorry I had to leave and not get video or your creation.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Art,

The S2 and video look great. Those USA GN cars look fine also. I'm sure you will get lots of enjoyment out of that engine.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Nice video Art and some nice pictures from Ed. It was hot but I really enjoyed getting out and doing some steaming finally. The S2 is really a beautiful locomotive. But...............where was my BR03. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John Im sorry. Ive got video of your engine . Ill go back and retrieve it tonite. Sorry

Got it John, not as long as the S2 but I got some of it.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Art, what an awesome engine. I think that the picture of you with the smile on your face in the first picture at Ed's Flickr page says it all. :)

Jeff, you out did yourself building this Loco. All the hand rail and pipe detail is amazing. Looking through the schematic drawings and templates for bending rails and pipe's makes me wonder how these things ever get built from kits. I struggle with a single E clip. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

Ed, glad that you made it back home safe. Just when I start to realize what all went into your Heisler, you bring over the Climax that you are just about finished with. Not only do you build em' but you make each part. Your work is hard to believe. I am so happy that I get to see them run at my track. Anyone that wants to see what I am talking about needs to go to his Flikr page and look at the pictures of these engines and how the parts are made. Ed has never gone to DH so most are not aware of his work. It is the best I have ever seen, factory or scratch built.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Posted By gibs035 on 08/09/2008 10:57 PM
By the way Steve ,I have edited the video and John I have put the Br03 on video.

Thanks Art. It gives a good comparison as to how small the European engines and trains were compared to the monstrous machines developed here in the US.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are the USA Corragated aluminum cars. The Ultimate Series. I stand corrected "not heavyweights"

·
Registered
844 Posts
Heavyweights?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts