G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we gad a great day for "Steamin at Steve's"
Host Steve had his Aster Mikado, Dave Young his Aster Prussian BR8, John Frank "RUBY" and Art Gibson brought an aster kit built Aster "RENO" that he had purchased as a kit some years ago on Ebay
from Sam Di Maggio.. Art built the kit, could not get it to run so it stayed in garage until this summer when he picked up his Aster S-2 that Jeff Runge built for him. When he picked up the S-2 he dropped off the Reno to see if Jeff could get it to run and as you can see from the video "IT"S ALIVE".

No the best video I have done but here it is.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
thanks for posting those videos Art. Congrats to Jeff and you as that is the best running Reno I have ever seen. As for Miss Ruby, I know Steve just loves to see Miss Ruby and she had not been out for a while so I brought her. Besides, my back was hurting and I did not feel like lifting anything very heavy.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got an email today from Sam Dimaggio. He said he had been busy with Family, Kids, Health issues and had not had time for his favorite hobby. He said to say hello to all and have fun steamin.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thanks for the news, Sam was one of the significant fellow steamers that got us started. I wish him well in his family and personal health endeavors. Maybe in the near future some time to re-joint us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts