G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GREAT DAY FOR STEAMIN BUT ONLY HAD DAVE YOUNG AND BILL COURTWRIGHT TO STEAM YODAY. HOST HAD TO DO BUSINESS AT WORK, JOHN FRANK HAD HAD A BUSY WEEKEND WITH LOCAL
G GAUGE CLUB HOSTING AND ME, STILL CANNOT USE RIGHT HAND.
BILL HAD HIS ROUNHOUSE COAL FIRED RUNNING LIKE A SWISS CLOCK AND DAVE YOUNG WAS BORED BECAUSE HIS ASTER PRUSSIAN WAS RUNNING SO SMOOYHLY. I HAD MADE SOME VIDEO BUT WAS TAKING FOREVER TO UPLOAD. DID GET THE COAL FIRED SETUP ON MLS.

HERE ARE A COUPCLEE OF SHORT VIDEOS OF THE SRRL AND THE BR8. CORRECTION ON TIELE ONE OF THE VIDEOS IT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE SRRL BUT THE BR 8 BEFORE SOMEONE CORRECTS ME. I HAD TO EDIT THE VIDEO TO GET IT TO UPLOAD

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I would love to have been there but I was replacing my back door. Something I have been trying to do for months. Art, we missed you Saturday, hence no pictures of our steamup. We have a good turnout.......lots of steam and one sparky.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SORRY I DID NOT MAKE IT JOHN. SPPOUSE WAS CONCERNED ABIOUT ME DRIVING THAT FAR ON FREEWAY. WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TOO FO THE VIDEO OF YOUR SPRING LAYOUT

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU STEVE. I AM CAPTURING THEM IN MP3 FORMAT IT SEEMS TO WORK BETTER FOR YOU TUBE. TAKES FOREVER TO UPLOAD TO YOUYUBE THOUGH.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Art, like the other posters, I'm very impressed by the new format
's - don't stop now!!

BTW, I'm also very impressed with the open observation car and caboose behind #24 - where did THEY come from?

Best

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TAC THE OPEN OBSEVATION CARAND CABOOSE AS WELL AS THE OTHER CARS ARE LGB,
THANKS FOR YOUR CPMMENT. DID YOU SEE THE THREAD WHERE BILL IS FIRING HIS SRRL COAL FIRED. I THOUGHT THE COLOR WAS GOOD ON IT AS WELL. HOPEFULLY INFORMATIVE AS WELL.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Ahaha!! LGB Repainted? Very nicely done. Now I take the time to look carefully I actually might have one of these cabeese. And yes, I had a look at the 101 on coal-firing, as well. the colour was excellent and mrs tac wants to know what birdies she could hear....

How's the paw, BTW?

Best wishes

tac
http://www.ovgrs.org/

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PAW IS GETTING THERW. BIRDIES ARE OUR STATE BIRD, THE MOCKING BIRD. POSSIBLY A CARDINAL. THEY SEEM TO BE THERE IN NUMBERS WHEN WE ARE STEAMING.
AS FOR THE PAW, THERAPISTS TELLS ME I HAVE ABOUT EIGHT MORE WEEKS BEFORE I CAN DO ANY SERIOUS MANUAL STUFFWITH IT. I HOPE NOT BECAUSE I NEED TO BE DOING SOME STEAMIN MYSELF.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Art had to leave before I got my coal fired Flying Scotsman running. I ran an experment with a new and unknown type of coal. This was coal that is used at Zube Park in Houston for the big engines that run on the seven and a half inch gauge track. I just could not get a decent fire going with this coal. I could not find a way to set the controls to keep steam up with this coal. So --- I ended up dropping the fire and starting over with Welch coal and then got the engine running great. It was interesting to experment but it would have been more fun if the test had been a success. My shed has four burlap bags of the coal that was tested. Clearly, I will stick with Welch coal.

For Art ---
the quality of you videos just gets better and better!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Posted By tacfoley on 03/12/2009 9:35 AM
Ahaha!! LGB Repainted? Very nicely done. Now I take the time to look carefully I actually HAVE one of these cabeese in red. And yes, I had a look at the 101 on coal-firing, as well. the colour was excellent and mrs tac wants to know what birdies she could hear....

How's the paw, BTW?

Best wishes

tac
http://www.ovgrs.org/

The last car in Bill's train is a standard LGB Drovers caboose. No paint job. It came in that color.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DAVE THATS THE REASON I DID NOT ADD VIDEO OF YOUR FIRING THE SCOTSMAN. SINCE YOU DID SUCESSFULLY FIRE HER UP I AM NOW TRYING TO UP LOAD THE VIDEO TO YOUYUBE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts