G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A BEAUTIFUL DAT FOR STEAMIN. STARTED THE DAY AT ABOUT 52 DEGREES. SUN SHINING AND ALL.
MY FIRST DAY BACK TO WATCH STEAMIN SINCE I CUT MY HAND ON TABLE SAW. USING LEFT HAND ONLY TO TYPE.
ADDED A LITTLE BIT OF INDIVIDUALS RUNNING STEAM SINCE THEY DO NOT RUN THEMSELVES,

JOHN FRANKS ASTER BR3, BILL COURTWRIGHT , SMOKEY JOE AND D AVE YOUNS ASTER COA

L FIRED MIKADO. I WENT BACK TOYOUTUBE AND THEY WERE STILL PROCESSING VIDEO WHEN I FIRST UPLOADED IT. BOTH ARE THRE CAN YOU SEE ANY DIFFERENCE

·
Registered
233 Posts

Art,
It sure was great to see you at Steve's track today. You looked good to all of us. Glad to see your hand is comming along.

Today's film clip is the best one of the Makado running with smoke comming out of the stack.

Steve sure makes a good Jack in the Box.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS DAVE. I DID NOT THINK THE QUAITY OF IDEO IS AS GOOD AS IN THE PAST.IT UPLOADED WAY FASTER THAN USUAL ON YOUTUBE.
YEAH STEVE WAS HARD AT WORK ON MANTENANCE.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Thanks Art for documenting yet another Steaming at Steve's.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Dear Mr gibs035 - I thort the movie was pretty good, me.

I had to look a couple of times at the Mason bogie loco to see if my eyes were sending me the right signals, but it IS going backwards to go forwards, isn't it?

Another great time seems to have been had by all - I can almost smell the coal from here!!

Best

tac
http://www.ovgrs.org/

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Forney's built as a Davenport geared loco -- the cylinders drive a jackshaft, which is geared to the rear set of drivers. Thus the appearance of motion going in two directions at once. Take a look at http://www.gearedsteam.com/davenport/davenport.htm.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Posted By JoelB on 03/04/2009 9:07 AM
The Forney's built as a Davenport geared loco -- the cylinders drive a jackshaft, which is geared to the rear set of drivers. Thus the appearance of motion going in two directions at once. Take a look at http://www.gearedsteam.com/davenport/davenport.htm.

Sir - I could see the jackshaft drive - after all, I have one on my 1/3 scale MoW diesel, but it was a bit of a shock to see it on a Mason bogie-style loco!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TAC THAT WAS A ONE OFF THAT CHARLIE MYNER [SIC] BUILT. PARDON THE CAPS BUT I CAN ONLY USE LRFT HAND.
IT IS AN INTEREDTING ENGINE TO WATCH CLOSE UP. COURTWRIGHT REALLY LOVES RUNNIG IT.
YES THERE WAS ALCOHOL, PROPANE AND COAL. ONLY THING MISSING FOR ME WAS MY S-2. IWULL BE UNABLE TO RUN MYSELF FOR ABOUT FIVE OR SIX WEEKS BECAUSE OF HAND SURGERY.

I CAN STILL WATCH THOUGH.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Posted By gibs035 on 03/04/2009 11:53 AM
TAC THAT WAS A ONE OFF THAT CHARLIE MYNER [SIC] BUILT. PARDON THE CAPS BUT I CAN ONLY USE LRFT HAND.
IT IS AN INTEREDTING ENGINE TO WATCH CLOSE UP. COURTWRIGHT REALLY LOVES RUNNIG IT.
YES THERE WAS ALCOHOL, PROPANE AND COAL. ONLY THING MISSING FOR ME WAS MY S-2. IWULL BE UNABLE TO RUN MYSELF FOR ABOUT FIVE OR SIX WEEKS BECAUSE OF HAND SURGERY.

I CAN STILL WATCH THOUGH.

Dear Mr gibs035 - I'm truly sorry to learn about your accident, and hope that all will be well with you and that you make a full recovery. Please do not feel that you have to excuse yourself for only using the left hand - I do it all the time, but then, I'm mainly left-handed.....

As for the loco, well, it's a real gem, and I've just watched the movie again to see it! Nice to see another Aster 01, as well. I was running mine the other day and thinking what a beauty it is, recalling the very first one I ever saw in Berlin back in 1982, hauling sixteen J&M cars without breaking into a sweat....

It took me over twenty-five years to get one, but I did in the end.

Take care, eh?

Best

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS.
TAC CALL ME ART I SHUD CHANGE MY ID EVERYBODY CALLS ME ART EXCEPT ME SPOUSE SHE JUST CALLS ME

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then left-handed people are the only ones in their right mind.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I HOPE YOU PEOPLE DONT GET BORED WITH ME. I WENT BACK AND CAPTURED SOME OF THE VIDEO IN MPEG AND ADDED A LITTLE OF TH S-2 BY MISTAKE. I THINK YHR MPEG USING THE PINNACLE STUDIO IS BWTTER, THIS PROBABY SHUD BE IN PHOTOGRAPHY BUT HERE IT IS AND SINCE I CANNOT RUN TRAINDS IM PLAYING WITH VIDEO AND YOUTUBE.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Much clearer video using the ""new" method of posting.
For me it was worth your effort.
The video of coal smoke comming out of the Midako looks even better than in your first posting.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Art, good to hear the hand is healing. Thanks for posting the videos. My track was covered with snow for 4 days... It's March, "normal temps " should be mid 60's... must be "global warming"??? This weekend temps will be in the 70's Need to get some yard work done before I can run trains.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Art,

Sorry to hear that you did "accidental surgery" on your hand. I hope it gets better soon.

I looks like I missed another great day of Steamin' at Steves.
Just a few more years 'til I retire and can steam during the week.

Thanks for posting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts