G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a beautiful day for "STEAMIN" at Steve's on Tuesday. Dave Young, Caleb Robert's, Art Gibson and Host Steve Speck were in attendance. Steve was busy doing things other than running trains for a while, but since he is the host he can do what he wants to do.
..Young had his new Aster kit built "Thunderbolt" fot its maiden run. Caleb ran his Aster
Western Maryland Shay. I did not edit the video so you can see that the Aster Shay can run slower than some people believe. Throttle very sensitive and it does run fast as well.
Art ran his "Mike" and his Accucraft 3 Cylinder Shay, little weathered but runs great.
Video which contains all of the runs taken.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I cant tell if you are able to get to the site for the videos . would someone reply and let me know . im haveing difficulty in finding out if its working, Thanks

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I can get to the You Tube sites without a problem.
An alternative would be to go to YouTube.com and put mergib in the video search box. Either works for me.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
"I did not edit the video so you can see that the Aster Shay can run slower than some people believe." You mean that John, (some people) was not there to witness the true capability of the WM Shay-yet there is hope with the video!

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right you are Charles. John was off at the Garden convention. Thanks for your comments.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
GO GO Thunderbolt! lol

When I run mine in public the little kids always say (wow look how fast that one is going lol). I can make it run slow though.

Either way, it is still a lot of fun!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
You mean that John, was not there to witness the true capability of the WM Shay-yet there is hope with the video!

Charles, John has a way of disappearing when he senses that he may be proved wrong......:D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Well Charles and Steve, I am sure I will get to witness the event next time. I can hardly wait. :cool:

I was at the Garden Ry convention in Phoenix. Had a great time and saw a lot of 'sparkies' and their layouts there. I only saw one live steam rairoad and it was mostly battery anyway. I was really amazed at the number, almost 50, and the quality of each of them. Almost everyone has a water feature of some kind. The Phoenix/Tucson area has a lot of retired people so I guess that explains all the railroads. Here in Houston you would be hard pressed to find a half dozen. Next week I am off to Canada to ride the "Canadian" from Toronto to Vancouver. After that I plan to stay home and pay bills. :)

I will try and post some pics when I get a chance to download them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts