G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checking the USPS web site, it looks like Mikey is correct. I'm going to have to up the shipping a little to make sure I'm covered. If you haven't mailed an order yet, please hold off until I can revamp the order form (the file is on my home computer, and I can't modify the downloadable PDF). Thanks! :)

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, the Order Form has been updated to more realistically reflect shipping charges. As I said before, anything overpaid will be refunded to you.

I want to reiterate that I won't be placing any orders until I have a "prototype" I'm happy with and that will take at least a week or more. :) I'll announce when that happens. If you wish to be on the short list, you can order now, or you can wait for the announcement. :)

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made a small addition to the Order Form tonight - I added a space for your MLS Username or email address. This is in case I need to contact you about your order (so I don't have to do it via snail mail). No need to download the new form if you already downloaded the old one - just please write your MLS Username or email address on it down by where your name and mailing address is.

The first two orders showed up today - Carl's and Walt's. :) I also heard from the vendor, and they have the shirt and embroidery programming in hand, so things are moving along. :D

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A quick update - I received an email that the prototype shirt was going out in today's mail. I also received a photo, and it looks GREAT!! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif  I'd post it, but the color doesn't look right as it was taken indoors. I'd rather wait and take a couple shots in the sunlight so the color is correct and you can see exactly what you're buying. A couple more days ought to do it. From the look of it, I don't think there will be any issues needing correction, and I'll start sending in the orders I've already received and throw open he doors. :D

BTW, Yolanda emailed me about women's shirts, so I checked. They are available is anyone wants one. Sizes XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL. No pockets I'm afraid. Write WOMEN'S in big letters on the order form. I have no firm quote, but I imagine they are the same price as the Men's no-pocket shirt.

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A quick update - the first order of 12 shirts went to the vendor the end of last week week. The second order will go this week - so far I have 5 shirts on this order, but more may come in the next day or two. According to the vendor, I should have the first order in my hands by the 10th or 11th, and I will turn right around and mail them right back out again. If all goes well, the first dozen (and perhaps the next) should be in the hands of those who ordered them by the middle of the month.

If you want to get in on the second order, I'll have to have your order form in my hands by Thursday at the latest.

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I never lived there Larry. I'm a California native (almost). However, my wife was born and raised in NJ, and lived in Milburn when we met. I'd often fly out to her neck of the woods before we were married. One of our favorite day trips was New Hope, and she has friends still living in Washington Crossing. When we decided to get married, New Hope was the natural choice for us. :)

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
All,

The first order of shirts just arrived here at work this morning. This includes all the orders I had in my hand by Friday 4/4. I'll be repackaging and remailing them over the next day or two. :)

Additionally, the third order for those orders received after the 4th has already been placed.

I need to have a certain minimum qualtity before I can place an order, and I also don't plan to keep this up indefinitely, so if you want a shirt, please try and get your order off to me within the next week or two.

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
WOW, that was quick Walt!! Perhaps I shouldn't call it the "snail mail" anymore. &nbsp :D &nbsp Glad you like it!!!

Addendum to all - I will figure out any postage refunds in the next few days on the shirts that were mailed. Some were $4.60 and some were $7.50 depending upon weight. I wrote it all down. I also forgot to add the cost of the bubble envelopes I used ($1.89 each for the small ones - I need to go back and get the price of the large ones). If you haven't mailed your order yet, kindly add another $2.00 to shipping to cover these envelopes. I'd appreciate it. &nbsp :)

Another order was placed on the 15th for those orders I got after the 4th, and I added two orders I got yesterday. These will ship to me in a week or so.

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Glad you like them guys. :) You can thank Scot Lawrence for the logo. He came up with the idea of the wrap-around letters, and created the steam gauge based upon the original to avoid copyright issues, as well as the artwork used for the shirt. A very talented guy, our Mr. Lawrence. Thanks Scotty!! (now if you'd just get the warp drive fixed...)
You know, that's pretty darned good... from CA to NJ - all the way across the country - in two days! I'm impressed with the USPS!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.