G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a wonderful smoke filled day it ended up being. Although the fire burner himself {Jeff Redeker} never actually showed up.:confused:" border=0>
The other suprise was Dan had a steamup and it was actually warm and sunny/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif" border=0> At least for a few hours until it rained but that didnt stop the coal burning from happening. Quite a large crowd showed up for the meet and brought a large array of engines to show off.
We missed the people that didnt get to come because of other obligations and it is understood...BUT you guys will have to come when the weather is really warmer.
Here are the photos I promised Dan I'd post, I did go through and weed through 40 some odd photos of a Daylight at supersonic speeds though!!!
Shad - where is our img tag buttons Dam I miss those
Here is Dan running his Faux Aster

Here is one of George's twins

And one of his other twins, this one was tuned or shall I say Rebuilt from the frame up to a very good running loco.

Here is Nick's NCNG Mogul pulling with no problem a string of SPC coaches.

And my here is my coal donor loco running still on gas.....where is Justin???

Here is another one of my latest aquisitions..An Argyle Philly just out of the paint shops. Still needing her striping though

Here is one of Dan's 2cyl shays running on the ground layout

here is Nick's Shay also on the ground layout.

And last but not least is Stan's LBSC design loco out for a run after our little issue of trying to buy Diesel in a gas can...At least now we dont need one of those damn yellow cans, right Stan?
I wish I had a photo of the after run with Stans loco as we were soaked from the rain and our host even said Im cold, Im going in the house....

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
See, it's not just us that cause rainy weather at Dan's! Saturday was a great day down at the regatta, pictures will be up this week.

Track looks good and everything is green. Can't wait until we have a conflict-free weekend to come up and run.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Hey!
Looks like you really had fun. Wish I could have come but other stuff you know. Keep the pics coming. Looking good.
Noel
SA 5629
P. S. Juff the burner was at the Narrow Gauge meet in Kinberton PA. He musta got lost or sumting.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
GS4 seems to be pulling a set of Aristo Heavyweight Pullman cars. So, I guess that the wicks sent to Dan got the engine back on par and able to pull the rake of cars representing SG well at the NG meet.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Naa Charles he was having all kinds of issues keeping it lit. He was going to talk to Ryan about what could be up with it.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Looks like a good time, sorry I couldn't make it. How did Stan's engine run for him? Been busy in the shop actually, will have some new stuff to post soon.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The green machine ran well after we actually got it lit. Some issues with what so use to light the charcoal were at hand since the gas station wouldnt fill Dan's red gas can. But we got it with our own mix. Stan said I needed to get the coal firing kick so he loaned me the green machine for a little while. : )

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Hey Jason,
For Dismel Fuel go to Wally World, or Ks Marts and go to the candle/botique section and pick up a large bottle of Lamp Oil...same thing only perfumed.....ha! Dismel and K1 Kero are VERY expensive as of late. Lamp oil much cheaper.
Noel
SA5629

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Jay
Why were you trying to purchase diesel fuel for coal firing? Just a container of paint thinner or similar will work combined with charcoal to give the bed a starting fire base.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts