G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

As New Orleans continues to recover from Katrina, the lights continue to come back on at City Park and bringing the trains with them. On Friday, we are steaming trains in the Botanical Gardens with two lines dedicated just to steam. The radius is tight so I wil be running an Accucraft S12. Ritchie Jacobs has been able to run an Accucraft K28 and Chris Sortina has ran his K27 but not with the San Juan passenger cars. One of our other members ran an AristoCraft Mikado. There is to be plenty of New Orleans food available including gumbo and beer. Plenty of lights and new rides have been added although Christmas under the Oaks is still a walk thru. Any one interested in running trains should come on out or contact me at [email protected].

Later
Terry
Bayou Live Steamers

·
To steam or not to steam
176 Posts
Good news the press will be at the steamup doing a story on live steam and steaming in the garden.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What's the gauge and Mfg. of that Santa Fe diesel?

·
To steam or not to steam
176 Posts
The steam up was great. Mack ran his mike. Terry ran his S12 with reefer cars and a Shay.
I ran my K-28 with a bunch of reefer cars and let me tell you If you rear end a 1:32 S12 with a 1:20 K-28 it will peal all the 1:32 reefer cars off the track and push the S-12 down the line.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
The engineer of the K-28 is FIRED ! and is being sued for all damages ! (I hope he has at least offered to replace the cars he may have damaged)

·
To steam or not to steam
176 Posts
Oh quick to jump to conclusions!! The S-12 crew was in the wrong and found to be at fault. They were not cleared to be on the main line. Information they got for dispatch was second hand and was not accurate. The only injuries were to the S-12 crew, a brunt finger. The K-28 crew never felt a thing. The engineer was quoted as saying, "I was checking the time table and when I looked up WHAM! By the time I stopped the train we where pushing the S-12 down the track and the little reefer cars were all over the place."

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The second hand notice was delivered by the person who brought you dinner so ... Also, contact was attempted but there was no response. The lawyers have been contacted but we decided to settle out of court.

Some of the scenery

S12 passing a Shay on display.

Nope, won't make it.

Coming in for fuel and water.

It wasn't my fault - please don't sue.

Ok, what is that?

Accucraft S12 steaming past the Cabildo and St Louis Cathedral.

Past our "Steaming Bay"

A Canal Street Street Car

Some of the Historic Buildings on the track

Ritchie and his K28

K28 being chased.

Terry getting first aid Aloe - Good thing we are at the Botanical Gardens.

Yeah, I did it.

Seasons Greetins from Bayou Live Steamers

·
To steam or not to steam
176 Posts
OK I did not want to say anything about beer and women being involved in the process.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
You two guys have been causing trouble for too many years now.  Here Chris and Richie (trainmax) are discussing the next victim of the infamous fart machine of '04.  Maybe that's where you guys got the idea for the 'bark box'!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Fred,

Are you suggesting a new competition for this year?

·
To steam or not to steam
176 Posts
Now that I am hitting the fifty mark I don't need a fart machine anymore. But I am up for the competition. Put my name on the list.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Trainmax,
  Please let me know what day you are having the competition.  I'm SURE I'll be busy somewhere else that day.
  I have to admit, I don't remember laughing that hard in years.  I don't even think I had more than a couple of Drambuie's that night either.  See you in a couple of weeks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts