G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with the fun winter scenes I have seen on this forum, I thought I would add my two cents worth. we had a bit of a snowfall this weekend. On Friday as it was just getting started, I ran my Number Nine. the snow was cold and dry and actually plowed beautifully. unfortunately my camera was not up to the 10 degree temperatures so I didnt get much footage. I added some scenes from some other snowy days to flesh out a little video. we ended up with between 20 and 30 inches which is really much to much to deal with, so as you can imagine, rail operations have been cutailed.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Eric,

You need to enter this video in the SitG Steamie Video Contest. The site keeps truncating the web address when I try entering it - darn!

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a different version saved to enter into the Steamie contest...keep an eye out! I too haven't figured out how to actually submit a video...Perhaps I am missing something but I looked pretty hard yesterday and tried a few links.

Alan-- I think we would need all your cab forwards working together to get through today! we should have built some snow sheds!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Eric

Those were the days....wish I still had the ability to maintain a garden railway. I really was impressed not only by the video but also operations of two steam engines with trackage that seems to do well throughout the seasons.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do cheat with the operations. I only have one transmitter and all my locos are set up the same way. so when run together the all pull the same direction at the same time...more or less and seem to play well together!

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Posted By Phippsburg Eric on 11 Feb 2013 08:22 AM
I have a different version saved to enter into the Steamie contest...keep an eye out! I too haven't figured out how to actually submit a video...Perhaps I am missing something but I looked pretty hard yesterday and tried a few links.

Alan-- I think we would need all your cab forwards working together to get through today! we should have built some snow sheds!

Make sure you do not publickly publish the video you want to enter in contest. It needs to be private. At least that is the way I understand it to be.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did understand that too and you are seeing a lesser video here...I had some real fun with the contest video...I hope i can figure out how to submit it.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Charles, It seemed Scott fixed it with out me contacting him...I submitted it easily today.

·
Lord of the Steam
615 Posts
Make sure you do not publickly publish the video you want to enter in contest. It needs to be private.

Let me make a minor clarification. The video needs to be set to where only "those who have the link" can see it. For YouTube this means you select the "unlisted" option and then send the youtube id# on the entry form. SitG will then add that link to their Video entry page and then the general public can view it via the SitG site only. These "unlisted" or "link only" permissions vary in terminology between hosting sites. Setting to "private" in YouTube means that only the person who has a login to their "channel" can see it or received a personal e-mail from the owner to view it, so that setting will not work. Hope this helps.

In any case, SitG will work with the submitting "Directors" to ensure that the settings are ready for prime time.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I figured that might be the case and have changed the setting on the submitted video to "unlisted".

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Eric,
Great Video! Thanks for posting. And I thought it was cold here in No. California this winter at 30 degrees. I really like your railroad and the Maine 2-Footer theme.
Ric

1 - 20 of 21 Posts