G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
That's the part I was looking at getting but on mine the coupler bar is black, not gold and mine is metal, the one in this pic looks plastic.
I've also looked through the Bachmann website. Why is the 4-6-0 1099$ and the 2-6-0 is 1399$?
I think I like the 4-6-0 look better.

· Premium Member
7,217 Posts
That's the part I was looking at getting but on mine the coupler bar is black, not gold and mine is metal, the one in this pic looks plastic.
Coupler bars are easily swapped. But that claims to be the right part for an Annie loco, so it should be all metal bits up front. You'll get used to swapping 4-6-0 bits.
I've also looked through the Bachmann website. Why is the 4-6-0 1099$ and the 2-6-0 is 1399$?
The $1099 4-6-0 is presumably the latest, improved, gen-7 unit, with ball bearings, better gears, and a significantly improved tender. The 2-6-0 is a much more engineered (over-engineered imho) loco with working/dummy valve gear, etc.
Street price of the Bachmann products is a lot less than MSRP.

· Registered
19 Posts
In regards to parts: Do these 4-4-0 Tender steps (Tender Steps (Large 4-4-0) [813XX-06] - $4.76 : Bachmann Trains Online Store!) fit on the 4-6-0 Big Haulers pilot beam image in thread #20?

I also picked up a Big Haulers Northern lights set for 100$. It needs a bit of work and is missing some pieces. Pics coming soon. I'll need help to identify the pieces. I can't tell on the blueprints or parts diagrams. Obviously one is the bottom half of the smoke stack (which I don't see listed as an available part anywhere) and the other is something that goes on the side. Sort of cylindrical .

21 - 28 of 28 Posts