G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this post by Duncan Thomson on Facebook...

"Sad news... Stan Cedarleaf passed away over the night. His granddaughter, Paulita Thomas posted the information, with the request that any questions be sent to her via private message, in order to minimize the load on Kay. Please respect those wishes. Thanks.
Those that knew Stan, ordered decals from him, or got to play trains with him are sure to miss his mirth and frivolity."

I knew Stan pretty well. Cathy and I had Kay and Stan over for dinner once or twice when they were in our neck of the woods. Stan and I also road the Roaring Camp and Big Trees railroad once or twice. A very nice man, and lots of fun to be around. I shall miss him, and I'm sure many will miss his custom decal service which he ran for many, many years.

RIP my friend.

Couch Picture frame Comfort Lap Smile

·
Super Modulator
21,789 Posts
Sad news indeed, a man without a mean bone in his body, always friendly, helpful, just all around nice guy, a person you like immediately when you meet him.

Rest in peace my friend.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Very Sad News, he always took time to listen to my requests for decals from half way around the world and was never fussed when changes needed, always polite and his ability to print white decals was always needed. He will missed by many I'm sure.
Russell

·
Registered
2 Posts
He was an exceptional man. Renee & I meet him years ago at Marty Cozad's battery powered steam up. He would help you in any way he could. Several years ago we had the privilege of visiting them at their home and seeing his layout from his workshop where he could turn on a train in the morning and it would run all day long. A few years later, they had down sized, so we meet for lunch. I asked about making decals, expressing he would be missed. He reassured me that he'd continue making them as long as he could. He will be missed by many.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's good to see I'm not alone in remembering Stan. All my thoughts about Stan have already been echoed. And even though I never met him in person, his humanity was always transparent.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Vale Stan. A true gentleman in every respect. I became familiar with his work via Garden Railways magazine many years and via here. He will be greatly missed and leaves a big legacy to the Large Scale Railway community. Thanks Dwight for letting us know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I decided to switch from track power to battery a dozen years ago, Stan did all my conversions and also coached me on what would work best for my outdoor layout. It was always a pleasure to take the drive down the mountain from Flagstaff to Dewey, see what he was running and what he had for sale in his garage!. One time I had bought a big 500 gallon rain barrel near his house and had it tied down in the back of my compact pickup. He asked about it and then went over and redid all of the ropes and knots, saying that he had learned how to do this while serving as a missionary. He was always a true gentleman.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
What a great pleasure it was to meet up with this fine Gentleman and run a few trains around his back yard. I bought many decals from Stan and they are all special now. He did a lot of work with me to get things right and was always up to the challenge to try as much as possible to get things accurate and correct. We'll all miss him. Best wishes to his family in this tough time.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Just saw this and must say it is a great loss to the hobby. What a great guy. Stan will live on on my railroad thanks to the many great decals he made for me!!!! My condolences to Kay and the entire family!!

Bill

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
Little late as I just heard about Stan. Met him several times over the years. Truly a remarkable fellow. He will be missed RIP. Later RJD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts