G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some spray-on stain to finish a bridge. Somebody told me about a web site that you could order stain from, but I can't remember it and I forgot to bookmark it last time. Can somebody give me that site again? Thank you, Tom.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I have not used it but there is a product that basket weaver's use:
spray stain

I used regular stain from a can and put it in a spray bottle, but I think this other stuff would go on more even. Affter letting the stain dry for a week on my trestle, I put on some Krylon UV matte over top to protect the stain, as most stains are meant for indoor use or need some sort of sealant, otherwise they will fade in the sun pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Behlens makes a complete line of spray stains for touch up/repair in the furniture industry. It is available at woodworkers.com

This tunnel and retaining walls were sprayed using Behlens Dark Mahoghany. It weathers out quite nicely. I clear coat everything once a year or so and it holds up pretty well outdoors. You can vary the deepness of the color by the number of coats you use. It dries in just a few minutes.

NOTE: The exposure is a bit off in the photo bleaching out the color a bit. It is really darker than shown here.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Richard, that is a mighty sweet looking portal:

portal

What did you use to simulate the bolt heads?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts