G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a e-mail that they are having a open house in May. Is it worth the drive, about 450 miles

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just saw it in Garden Railways magazine and was wondering the same thing myself. It is tempting but I have 2 other shows to attend. One in York, Pa and one in Dalton, Ga. I'd better just stick with those as I can only do so much driving for our cause lol.

-Will

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I usually go on Saturday. It's always a nice time. I traditionally buy a freight car.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Don
I talked to Matt on the phone the other day and I told him I'd love to drive up and hang out. but, yes its a long way. I wanted to go for the fun, but so much to buy.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Don
,is there room for 4 guys to sleep in the van? 9 hour drive one way?

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
A friend used to go a few years back and would get good deals on Euro LGB. Now with the fixed price policy, will the deals return, or just for Team members?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it worth it to drive 450 mi to any train show? I don't think so. The money you spend on driving,eating and sleeping could be sprnt on train stuff. Yes there will deals at shows but when you could see what you want on the web and in print why not just get what you need or want with the money you would have spent to go to the show.

But , St Aubins just seems to look better everytime I go there. Who else has as much large scale in one place. You should go just to go. Other large scale guys will be there. Food. Yes they have food too! And IRM is a few miles away too. That is a great place to soak up railroading and trains. Take a train ride. What could be better.

You will notsave money by going but to have a great time.

Tom Thornton

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Don't think I'd bother to drive that far. It is a nice day to go to the train shop, but it's not Cozad's or Golding's or the Carlyle winter meet.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'd drive that far, pack sandwiches and drinks and sleep in my truck, but thats just me. I love going to shows if for nothing else than just to look and talk to peers and pros in the hobby.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Posted By paintjockey on 03/02/2009 8:12 AM
I'd drive that far, pack sandwiches and drinks and sleep in my truck, but thats just me. I love going to shows if for nothing else than just to look and talk to peers and pros in the hobby.

That's what I'm talking about. Like the hobby its all about fun.

Tom Thornton

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Marty, If you go, I will make the long trip up there to meet up. It will take me all of about 2 hours and 15 min. to get there. Rex

·
Premium Member
5,623 Posts
Guess where Rex will be. Take money buddy and buy more E-8s as I think someone in Cal needs a B-unit in ATSF real bad. Now do I get a commission if he get's one from Ya. As I put in a good word. Later RJD

·
Super Modulator
20,723 Posts
Yeah, if you can convince Rex to do it, yes you can have a commission, since my begging for a chrome E8B has fallen on deaf ears!

(I don't know if I could afford it anyway!)

Greg

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Hay Tom you going to walk over?

Barefoot, no doubt :p

1 - 20 of 38 Posts