G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Circuit component Hardware programmer Electricity Electronic engineering Computer hardware

I bought a c19 recently. I love the model. Naturally it's used and there is no manual. Google brings up a spare parts drawing and a few catalogs.

I figured out there are switches behind the smoke box door and under the coal.

But it wont move under track power.

Though the motherboard in the tender looks like Bachmann.
There is an additional board on top that has a FCC id. It reads R6M -24GHZDSM
Does that mean it is RC set?
I will try to add a picture.

There is a small pigtail with plug coming out the back of the tender.
But as you see in the picture the leads to the power pickups are still plugged in too.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The Large Scale/MRNA switch has a center neutral position. Make sure that is to one side or the other. The daughter board will work with its own controller so if you didn’t get that too, just pull it out. Check with Bachmann parts to get the original plain DC board and/or pigtail board for wiring another controller, if you did not get those. I just hate it when PO do not keep the extra parts and pieces they pull out. It’s not a big deal to put them in a zip lock and label what engine they go to And put them back in the original boxes from Bachmann. They will be more valuable to the next person. After all we are all just temporary custodians of things while here. At some point these things either go to the dump, given to an heir (temporary custodian) or sold/given to another temporary custodian. In 2 of the 3 outcomes, another person might want/need those parts.

DC daughter board. I’d get it while they are still available along with any other parts you need/want.

·
Premium Member
6,897 Posts
Does that mean it is RC set?
Yes. As the other replies almost said, that is a Revolution receiver (RX). Therefore the seller should have mentioned it, taken it out, or sold you the transmitter.

Revolution is a nice r/c system, so rather than junk it, you might consider buying a transmitter (TX) and running it that way. However, there should be batteries somewhere to power it and the r/c.

This pic shows the inside of the tender before the Revo r/c board RX was added. The switches on the right control loco functions, including track/battery operation (yours will be at the 'battery' position, which isolates all track pickups on the wheels.)

Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Font Passive circuit component

That still is from Bachmann's product video:

The switches are described on Greg's web page:
2-8-0 Bachmann C-19

His website has lots of other info about r/c, including a whole page on the Revo:
Train Engineer Revolution

If you don't have the TX and want to loco to run, then (gently) remove the RX and flip the track/battery switch back to "track". Also confirm the motor switch is 'on' ;)

·
Super Modulator
22,363 Posts
Check with Robby at rldhobbies.com and see if he has some that were removed from the installations he has done. He should charge you no more than 1/2 the bachmann price (tell him I said so ha ha!)

If that fails, you can probably wire it up, but you need to re-supply voltage to the main board, not just connect motors to pickups.

Greg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts