G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little off topic, but I have a question about a Southern Pacific (I think it was SP) shop built pusher locomotive that was based in San Bernadino, Ca years ago. My dad has a recollection of a double engine ?-10-?-?-10-? that still had a cab in the middle of the locomotive and at the end of the locomotive. It looked as if the SP just joined two locomotives together. It was used in pusher service at San Bernadino sometime in the 1930's or 40.' Does anyone know of a picture of this locomotive.
Thanks in advance.
Dan Fuller
Carrollton, Texas

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have Southern Pacific on the brain, but it could have been Santa Fe?
Dan Fuller
Carrollton, Texas

·
Super Modulator
20,573 Posts
Santa Fe had a 2-10-10-2 (and even drawings for a 2-10-10-10-2 that was never made), but it had only one cab in the usual location. These were later broken back up into 2-10-2 locos.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
I tried looking it up in "A Century Of Southern Pacific Steam Locomotives" by Guy L. Dunscomb and could not find any wheel configs for a x-10-x-x-10-x. Nothing that even matches your description under the x-10-x or under the miscellaneous switchers and articulated engines. But, I don't know how complete this particular book is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That is a camelbacck or mother hubbered and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts