G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few shots of my new Heritage SD70. It has been equipped with Airwire,onboard battery and Phoenix P5 sound.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick,
The couplers are body mounted Kadee #1 scale 1789's. I have used the 1789 on most everything for years.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I'm in SHOCK!!!!!!
I just never would have believed Paul would buy and run something that was "wrong".......

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How's it wrong Marty? It's a one of a kind on the prototype and it's a one of a kind on my layout. So there!!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Its fine Paul, I remember what you said about the PAs and the number boards being wrong or something. This paint job ,"to be right" needs to be on those more modern, ACes or what ever they are called.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Marty,
I 'll bet you end up with one of the heritage paint jobs too. USA did an outstanding job on these.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Paul,

Great looking loco and nice consist. I think most people will be distracted by the beautiful paint job rather than the wrong details anyway. Hopefully someone will actually make the ACe's or M2's one day.

-David

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One other thing in the photos for those of you who run battery power. Notice the sidings in the first photo. Since I don't need clean track I painted the rails rust color,top and all to simulate little used track. It turned out to be a nice effect. The sidings are fully operational. One more picture.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Paul - did I hear correctly? Airwire and P5? Are you able to trigger the bell and horn at range? I have been stuck in my efforts to remedy this issue. I've been away from the forums for a long time, so maybe someone's solved this one since I read anything.

Great shots on a great layout as always....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts