G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to be on the other side of the country when this is happening in Niles Canyon:

http://www.ncry.org/2472spl.htm

Especially when you have a father who took three children train watching in Niles Canyon when steam was running. Stony Brook was a favorite spot since they stopped for a brake check before dropping on into Niles.

Best regards,

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Alan,

I sent this link on to my brother who lives in San Jose. My nephew is 5, and I see they are/were offering rides on Monday. Hopefully, there will be some good youtube coverage of the runs! Did you see my post about the R&N #425 runs this summer? Not as far as California for you...

Mark

·
Registered
51 Posts
One of my most treasured pieces of memorabilia is the 5/26/96, 30 minute operating certificate I got for being at the throttle of S.P. 2472 in the Golden Gate R.R. museum's trackage inside the Naval Base at Hunter's Point. It was steamed up that day for an NMRA convention that was being held on the peninsula & I got there about an hour before the conventioneers did & my timing was perfect. Started talking with the engineer & when asked if I wanted to "try it out", you know what I replied. That was the opportunity of a lifetime & I'll never forget it! Jim Spanier

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Here are some photos from the first run on Monday Morning. Still a very overcast day like on Saturday. We decided to pace 2472 from Niles up the Canyon to Sunol. There were a lot more people out today than there was on Saturday.

The first clean photo was at the first bridge over the road.

We paced the 2472 in my friend's convertible Mustang. It was fun but cold.

Drove right under the bridge to get this shot.

Almost to Sunol. My daughter and son were in the backseat enjoying the sights and sounds. They were a little cold but they said they had a good time.
Russ

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Mike,
About adding a gap: do you mean like this?

A

tag creates a new paragraph which creates a bit of vertical space. Adding more than one does not add more space...

I hope this helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts