G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
How/where did you get your hands on that? I have some elevation views for the tender in Bader's book but not much for the locomotive. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I don't check every day since reply posts tend to drop off after a day or two. Anyway, yes! If you're able to send a high resolution image of both, I want them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How/where did you get your hands on that? I have some elevation views for the tender in Bader's book but not much for the locomotive. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I don't check every day since reply posts tend to drop off after a day or two. Anyway, yes! If you're able to send a high resolution image of both, I want them.
I got these old drawings from the collection of Richard Datin, who was the founding curator of the Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City. After his passing, his daughter was selling off the collection, and I was able to obtain quite a little collection of V&T, C&C, SPng, C&TL&FC and other regionally related materials.

I have no known capability of getting a higher resolution set of images to you as I have no scanner capability. The images provided were just done with my little pocket Canon digital camera. The only other thing I can think to do is photocopy the drawings and simply mail them to you.

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
The only other thing I can think to do is photocopy the drawings and simply mail them to you.
In my experience, if you take them to a copy shop, nowadays they will actually scan and print them - and you can have the hi-res scan emailed to you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In my experience, if you take them to a copy shop, nowadays they will actually scan and print them - and you can have the hi-res scan emailed to you.
Howdy Pete

That may well be true in the big city, but here in the Eastern Sierra I am unaware of any of our two photo copy shops that offer that service, and it is most of two hundred miles to what one might call a city from here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Stoker, a photocopy is appreciated all the same. I've sent you my address in a private message. Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have you clicked on the photos I provided and then clicked on the "open in new tab" option that appears at the top of the dropdown box?

Doing so provides a larger image with magnification options that appears at least as good as the original drawings and offers a somewhat larger format. I suspect that you could then download that image and put it into any program you wished, like photoshop, to size and print it out however you might like.

Alternately, I could email you the photos, so that they aren't going through the forum and any degradation that might cause.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great .... saves me having to go into town and into a copy shop!

Hope those drawings help you out some in your fantastic project. I will be following this for certain and for sure!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you send me an email address I can provide a copy (scan) of the erecting drawing for a sister engine to #18 (#8, or 9 - with stephenson valve gear).

royce

·
Junior Senior Member
596 Posts
On the upper right corner of the screen is your avatar. Click on it and you will get a list of things with your account. Currently they seem to be calling private messages "conversations". Click on that and you should see the message.

Hope it helps.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts