G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Beautiful job on your drivers. I'm in the process of having driver centers made from solid models done in Solidworks. Can't wait to get them. Can't really do much more on the frame without them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Sean. I'm planning on "blackening" the driver centers and turning my own tires out of some steel tubing I got on ebay. And Shapeways did not produce an acceptable master for me. Went to Pacific Locomotive Works for all my wheels.

royce

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ll post again once I have the chassis model finalized and get you a copy of the CAD data.

Royce, same for you.

To everyone else, I’ll freely provide the CAD data. I’m thinking by USB stick in the mail. Just one catch, I need to know what your plan is for it. Some guidelines, I don’t want this information to be used for profit. Similarly you need to have real goal in mind, It doesn’t have to be a lofty one but just saying “I think it would be neat to have” wont pass. The drawings of course will be free for all, even if used as toilet paper but the models will be treated differently.
Nice work Sean. I just used prototype rod dimensions and used Charlie Dockstader valve design software for the actual valve/lap/lead/port issues. And keeping my fingers crossed that it will work. And I won't even know for quite a while.
Wheel Wood Engineering Gas Machine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts