G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,
The Georgia Garden Railway Society's Banquet will be held on Friday, May 1, at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $25.00 per person which includes your meal, a speaker and door prizes. For Tickets send a check made out to GGRS along with a self addressed stamped envelope to F. Tidd/Banquet Tickets, 3540 Cove Creek Court, Cumming, GA 30040. Tickets/seats are limited, so order early!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I hope you get a better speaker, I sure did not like the last one. He just would not stop talking.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 01/11/2009 9:43 AM
I hope you get a better speaker, I sure did not like the last one. He just would not stop talking.

wasn't there for the supper, but heard he wore a nice Tux!

Marty, you gonna make the show this time?

cale

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Friends,
This years banquet speaker is taller than 4 ft. He is knowledgable in garden railroading operations and has taken many train rides on tourist lines in the US. He REALLY likes steam locos. Last years speaker will be hard to top, but we are trying!
Clubs, order tickets in a block and you can get seating together.
Clinics are coming together and include topics like AirWire, Scratch Building Locos, Building Wood Structures, Weathering with Spray Can Paint, and presenters include names some of you will know!
Don't forget the layout tour on Sunday, May 3, 2009!
Check http://www.segrs.com/ for all the details!

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Do you have any idea what clinics will be on friday? I will probably come down friday may stay for saturday. I would like to catch the goldfish car!

Johnny

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Johnny,
Thanks for asking about the show. Right now, we plan to offer all clinics both days, but that may change. It is our current plans. That goldfish car is something else! I'm going to that one, too. Keep watching the web site for firm details. We will post those as soon as all is confirmed. We are still looking at a few other clinics.
Don't forget the model contest, banquet Friday evening and LAYOUT TOURS ON SUNDAY! This show will almost be a mini-convention!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Friends,
Don't forget to order the banquet tickets! The show is LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AWAY!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Last years speaker didn't know much, but he was dressed to the hilt. One classy guy. To bad he didn't know much about trains. I have a picture of him in his his tux, but couldn't find it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hard to top the past speakers, but we keep trying! Don't forget the door prizes!!!!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
RJ,
I am planning on it. I already have my time off set at work. Not sure you remember what that is. Thats where you go every day and at the end of the week they give you a check, then you remember why you are there. Although after visiting with our buissnees manager at the union hall about my retirerment. I found out that my train purchaces will increase tremendously next year when I retire. Even though I really love my job, that I have been doing it for 40 years. after seeing the figures this morning, made it all worth while. Thanks Rex

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Sounds like an interesting event, but it is one of there big RR things going on in the GA/TN area that weekend, so for me it may be Friday only......the start of a BUSY weekend. :)

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
That sounds great. I'm having our club meeting the week end after the show. lots of train running. Lots of food also. Need an extra engineer to run the trains. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Atlanta is a Delta (we get you there with a scare) hub

Nashville has SWA

Both are a bit of a drive, Atlanta being closer.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chattanooga, TN is CLOSEST to show site (about 30 minutes). Atlanta is probably best choice for cheap and selection of flights (about 1hour 30 minutes from show site--DEPENDING ON TRAFFIC).
Chattanooga sure has less traffic!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts