G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally put the South Front Street module in place. Here are two views of the afternoon freight run easing its way down the street.

North Front is under construction, progress on which has beenn interrupted by the unseasonably warm weather and the urge to get the trolley wire back into service!

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By ohioriverrailway on 04/20/2008 10:18 AM

Finally put the South Front Street module in place. Here are two views of the afternoon freight run easing its way down the street.

North Front is under construction, progress on which has beenn interrupted by the unseasonably warm weather and the urge to get the trolley wire back into service!

Beautiful downtown layout.  The overall effect is remarkably realistic. This project is going to be spectacular.  

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm impressed!!:) That is one neat looking module. Now all you have to do is get some people shopping about, and a few other small details and it will be perfect! It sure looks like an area I would have to get off the trolly to visit! Nice job!!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Llyn -- The street is about 3 inches of concrete on top of bricks, wire mesh and rebar. There's about 1000 pounds of dry mix there. I didn't want any problems with frost heave.
Rod -- Most of this section is Piko kits, or at least bits and pieces of them. I made molds and then resin castings of about four different parts, then "modified" them to give different appearances. The bank is totally from scratch, as are the tops of the first three, then the fifth building from the left. Some of the windows and doors are Grandt Line; the awning is from scratch.
I have some trucks to park on the street, and a box of people that need to be painted. (Another project that didn't get done this winter!)
More details on both the street and the buildings are on the website: www.orery.com.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rick,

Great looking street! Perfect complement to your rolling stock! Can't wait to see all those little people getting caught in the fenders, trying to beat the trains across the street.

Ted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.